Portable browser with Flash/Shockwave (Basilisk)

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
With the deprecation of Flash at our doorstep, and Shockwave being retired mid 2019 we are faced with only a few options left to keep enjoying our Shockwave and Flash Habbo retros.

I'm releasing a portable browser that's based on (which is a Firefox fork). It comes with both Flash and Shockwave pre-installed. It will work offline, doesn't require internet for these two plugins to work.

It will work for the foreseeable future.

I do not recommend regular browsing on this (because both security updates for Shockwave and Flash have ceased) but you should be able to go to your local hotel and run it fine.

Download:

Extract the file and then run Browser.bat (this is for people who may not find the .exe)

After opening you should be able to use Flash and Shockwave plugins normally.

You can update Basilisk by:

Heading to
Download the 32-bit Windows ZIP archive. Extract it and copy everything inside the "basilisk" folder to Basilisk-Portable\Bin\basilisk

Virus total:

Screenshot

dEdSXQE.png

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
This includes Flash that doesn't have the kill switch so it will always work.

It doesn't work on Mac because Apple dropped support for 32-bit programs a year ago.

Thank you.

Out of interest, do you know which versions of flash do not include the kill switches?

Liam

trust nobody
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
If you're not going to say more than "doesn't work", open a help thread.

Solid

May 1, 2012
retired mid 2019 we are faced with only a few options left to keep enjoying our Shockwave and Flash Habbo retros.

I'm releasing a portable browser that's based on (which is a Firefox fork). It comes with both Flash and Shockwave pre-installed. It will work offline, doesn't require internet for these two plugins to work.

It will work for the foreseeable future.

I do not recommend regular browsing on this (because both security updates for Shockwave and Flash have ceased) but you should be able to go to your local hotel and run it fine.
thanks works

Users who are viewing this thread