(plusemu)(r63b) DIY Cat. Front Page Image Change

Rystbo

-Hotel Owner, -Customs Developer, -Arcturus
Apr 16, 2018
Hello everyone. I know many of you are probably curious on how to change the Catalog Front Page Images. Some of you might already know how to.
In this tutorial I will show you how to change the Catalog Front Page Images, and How to link them to a page so when you click them they go there. Below is an image of what I will be showing you in the DIY tutorial!

-First, its best to decide on what you want to place there. Typically its more recent furni, in mine I have HC, The new golden Pig, The new Pro Gamer Furni and the New Coral King Furni. Once you have decided on which ones you want to advertise you need to find images for them.(I should also note that you need to have the furni in your catalog). I use a website called Puhekupla. They have many images to choose from. Once you find the image you like, save it to your desktop we need it for the next steps.
( )

Once you have the images you like, you need to place them accordingly. Go to your swfs folder, c_images, and then catalog. Be sure to know the location of each image because you will need the image name for the next step.

Next open navicat and go to Catalog_Promotions
Here you will find the 4 promotions in the catalog, each has to be edited accordingly. As you can see in mine I gave them a name and such, where you see image, you want to place the name of the image you placed in the c_images/catalog folder. See my image below.

Now moving forward, at this point the images should be working, next we need to get them to link to each catalog page so when you click the image, the page opens this is simple.
Once again in navicat go to your catalog_pages and find the catalog page you want to link, for this example I will use coral king.
Under page link, you want to type a name for the page link, I named mine coral_king. You can choose what ever name you like.
See the image below for an example

Now that you have a link for the actual catalog page, return back to navicat and go to catalog promotions. Now in the field for page_link, you want to place the link you used in the previous step (mine was coral_king).

Once you have done this, clear your cache and reopen the client. Then open your catalog and click your new promotion that you added, the image should be there and should link directly to your catalog page (see example below)

Trouble shooting: If the images dont load it can be several issues, you placed the image in the wrong folder, you didnt clear your cache, you incorrectly linked the name of the image in navicat (it has to say .png)

Thanks for viewing, this tutorial took me some time to put together. If you want to see this for yourself , you can visit my hotel at
Paradisehotel.epichosts.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread