PlusEMU Purchase Lag

icecafe

Jan 12, 2017
When buying bulk furni it freezes for a few moments. Googling has told me that its the way Plus saves the furni; however their was no information as to how to fix the problem.

My Specs:
PlusEMU (Sled's Edit) + RevCMS
Intel Xeon E3-1270 v5 3.6GHz
32GB of Ram

Thanks for any help you can offer!

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Well when buying bulk lets use common sense... It has to loop through, and create each object, then take all 100 or however many items you have, and generate them into your inventory. This is already a minimum of 200 statements it has to execute.

There is going to be a small amount of lagg on this user (or this current thread)

Edit:
If you feel like making your emulator utter shit, put it on a background thread, open a new thread when buying bulk -> execute -> close thread when completed.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
@JayCustom
I know some hotels have gotten around this by changing the way it is saved. Would you recommend doing that or might their be another way?
I don't have a copy of the emulator on this laptop to see how it actually grabs the items and creates them. It may be possible to do it in a different way to have it run faster (Such as if it grabs the object everytime it loops through, have it just grab the object once, but I doubt it is coded like that).

Also, you may be paying for much more than you will probably need for your hotel. Those specs are a little high xD

icecafe

Jan 12, 2017
@JMG I am using r2.
What I consider slow / lag is it takes legit maybe 5-10 secs depending how big to buy it. I want it to be almost no-lag.
I know it sounds weird but I just want to make sure my hotel is good for everyone.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
@JMG I am using r2.
What I consider slow / lag is it takes legit maybe 5-10 secs depending how big to buy it. I want it to be almost no-lag.
I know it sounds weird but I just want to make sure my hotel is good for everyone.
Odd then, I've tested it on a 4GB VPS and it worked perfectly. My main hotel runs R1 on a dedicated server, waiting for R3. Is this issue replicated on popular hotels? For example, Habboon etc, couldn't it be down to your PC as well?

Menkz

Jul 9, 2010
Odd then, I've tested it on a 4GB VPS and it worked perfectly. My main hotel runs R1 on a dedicated server, waiting for R3. Is this issue replicated on popular hotels? For example, Habboon etc, couldn't it be down to your PC as well?
i believe so - it's kinda like loading into a room full of furni

icecafe

Jan 12, 2017
@JMG
I am running Xeon E3-1270 v5 3.6GHz with 32GB of Ram. This is the only feature of the hotel that lags.
I mean, I know its a VPS but it runs smooth. I can buy say up to ~20-25 furni in bulk w/o the purchase lag but anything past is just delayed a few seconds.
Googling is what told that its the way it saves the furni.

@Menkz
As for loading furni that does not have any issue. I tested that with funri heavy room. It is just purchasing that is the problem xD

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I cannot replicate this issue, nor have I heard of it from anybody else using this emulator. If you really want it investigated you can see here

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
The purchasing probably could be better, I'll have a look - but on Habboon for example, it runs fine I believe but the MySQL configuration is pretty decent, perhaps it could be that? (As you are inserting say, 100 items in a bulk transaction).

FYI, thread was already closed - But thought I'd give some input.

icecafe

Jan 12, 2017
@Sle
Thanks for the input. I guess now my question is do you think my server specs are fine? I mean, unless my CUP/Ram isn't enough could it just be that the way it is saved in the db?
Btw, I use navicat if that makes any difference at all.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
@Sle
Thanks for the input. I guess now my question is do you think my server specs are fine? I mean, unless my CUP/Ram isn't enough could it just be that the way it is saved in the db?
Btw, I use navicat if that makes any difference at all.

Your listed server specs are above average, and good enough. Post your my.ini here and I'll suggest some tweaks for you.

Meap

Don't need glasses if you C#
Nov 7, 2010
@Sle could you suggest some for me too?
Specs:
Intel Xeon E3-1240 v5 3.5GHz
4GB Ram
Also using MariaDB if this makes any difference and these are the only stuff in the my.ini currently
Code:
[mysqld]
datadir=C:/Program Files/MariaDB 10.1/data
port=3306
sql_mode=""
default_storage_engine=innodb
innodb_buffer_pool_size=511M
innodb_log_file_size=50M
event_scheduler=ON
[client]
port=3306
plugin-dir=C:/Program Files/MariaDB 10.1/lib/plugin