PlusEmu Crashing Rooms

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
hey guys, i have no idea what's happened ever since the 10th April my hotel has just been crashing, it loads fine i get into the Welcome Lounge and it just freezes?! there's no errors on the console or on my emulator so idk what's causing it? :(

You must be registered for see images attach

Mythic

Jan 27, 2018
Its a Flash Update coming with the new Chrome Version, it is automatically installed. There are also other retros facing the problem, no solution yet - switch to Firefox or Edge.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Its a Flash Update coming with the new Chrome Version, it is automatically installed. There are also other retros facing the problem, no solution yet - switch to Firefox or Edge.
ugh why tf do they have to this

so i have tried firefox, both chrome and firefox let me onto the hotel view and stuff but if i try and go into the Welcome Lounge it freezes?

Mythic

Jan 27, 2018
I guess its a furniture issue, maybe a custom, not working anymore since the update. I can quote this from a other forum, posted just yesterday:

Hey, since the new update from Adobe Flash Player (the one that ends with .140) we're having massive problems with our hotel. We're still using the old version (r63a) and refusing to switch to the new one for several reasons, but when you enter rooms or have specific furnis in the room or catalogue, the client freezes and you get kicked out. We're not the only hotel that is fighting with that problem and we've been desperately searching for a solution for hours. Also, we're almost sure that there's a problem with the habbo.swf because we get the error message: TypeError: Error #1009 Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. It would be nice if anyone could help.

Maybe change the Welcome Lounge to an empty room and see if that room loads. But could be anything with customs, e.g. also custom clothes.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I guess its a furniture issue, maybe a custom, not working anymore since the update. I can quote this from a other forum, posted just yesterday:

Maybe change the Welcome Lounge to an empty room and see if that room loads. But could be anything with customs, e.g. also custom clothes.
No it is an Adobe issue. I made no changes and now cannot get on to Bliss. I'm guessing they limited how many can load at a time or something?

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
No it is an Adobe issue. I made no changes and now cannot get on to Bliss. I'm guessing they limited how many can load at a time or something?
For us it was not an Adobe issue - it is an issue with the "arow.swf" furni that you, us and any other RP's probably used. (Was caused by the latest flash update though)
We had a look in the SWF for the cause but couldn't spot anything obvious, I just made a new arrow swf based off Habbo's own arrow. As a temporary work around you can simply remove the swf to be able to get online.

@Scorpio Not sure if this will be the case for you unless you're using the arrow that possibly still comes with the boon swf & catalog release. If so try the above. If not it's likely some other custom furni swf that has an issue.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
For us it was not an Adobe issue - it is an issue with the "arow.swf" furni that you, us and any other RP's probably used. (Was caused by the latest flash update though)
We had a look in the SWF for the cause but couldn't spot anything obvious, I just made a new arrow swf based off Habbo's own arrow. As a temporary work around you can simply remove the swf to be able to get online.

@Scorpio Not sure if this will be the case for you unless you're using the arrow that possibly still comes with the boon swf & catalog release. If so try the above. If not it's likely some other custom furni swf that has an issue.
I'll give it a try. Thanks

HarmonicRain

NextGenHabbo.com
Jun 27, 2012
You're all wrong. Ngh found this issue before the others. One or more of your furniture are causing the crash in the room. My solution was to remove the furni causing the crash from my furnidata until an update is released.

We found most of the offending swfs to be custom. We've got people looking into why it only affects certain items.

Your best bet to find the issues is to make another staff member use the old flash release .113 works fine, get them to slowly pick items up in a room with you trying to load it until you don't crash anymore.

Jerry

not rly active lol
Jul 8, 2013

I can confirm that the “arow.swf” SWF file caused the client to freeze.

What I did to fix the issue was setting the SWF compression to “ZLIB” (I think) and change the image types from “DefineBitsJPEG3” to “DefineBitsLossless2” – to do this, you have to export the swf.xml to edit the compression type and image types then import the swf.xml back to the arow.swf with new changes the swf should be functional without it breaking the client. This can be done with other SWF files that’s crashing the client.

I’ll explain this better later when I get home

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
thank you all for your help! it was definetly something in my Welcome Lounge because i made a new one and it's working perfectly fine! i'll look into it!

Users who are viewing this thread