PlayStation 5 reveal

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
So, as the PS5 reveal has just happened, what do you guys/girls think? In all honesty, I wasn't really impressed. For me, this is the first time I'm considering to switch to the Xbox.

Starts around 58:30

Last edited:

Ultra

Posting Freak
Jan 7, 2011
Curious why you think xbox is better? Especially since you can get the PS5 for $100 less. Only reason I'd go with xbox is if I wanted to play older games with the backwards compatibility. PS5 exclusives are much better than xbox ones.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Curious why you think xbox is better? Especially since you can get the PS5 for $100 less. Only reason I'd go with xbox is if I wanted to play older games with the backwards compatibility. PS5 exclusives are much better than xbox ones.
It looks better, hardware looks slightly better, and honestly I don't ever play exclusives. So that's not really a breaking deal for me. And if I'd get one, I still want one with a disk reader, so the price would be the same.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
I have no intention of using either, prefer to game on PC myself.

But I'll probably end up getting both just to add to my collection of game systems.

As for the "$100 less", where?

Last I knew the PS5 was $500, the Xbox Series X is $499; PS5 Digital is $400 while the Xbox Series S is $299

From what I've read, the only benefit the PS5 has (hardware wise) is 802.11ax which doesn't matter for anyone that's going to be using it.

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
I am and always have been Team Playstation. I watched the reveal live a few months ago when they premiered it or streamed. There's going to be some pretty good titles and remastered titles, probably the only reason I'd get it mainly upon release. For the past year or so, I've been PC gaming though. PlayStation will always be the console for me and I'd choose it over Xbox just because I believe Sony has more to offer regarding consoles. Their release of the PlayStation 3 allowing online multiplayer was not the first, but the next-gen into online console competitive gaming for a lot of people, not saying some weren't on Xbox 360, but the PlayStation 3 surely was able to have a bigger online community because you didn't need PlayStation Plus to get online, you just needed an Internet Connection, that's one thing that made the PS3 so much better than the 360, to me at least. Everyone has their opinions though, I will always be with Playstation though.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
Gotta get my new wifi router to put on top of my new table

EaR-lJ4WkAUrVq9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread