Show DevBest [PHP 7.3^] Kooser Directory.

Kooser6

Apr 14, 2019
Kooser Directory.
A PDO wrapper for secure connections.

< >.

Features:
- Connection Manager
- SQL handler

Why:
This library makes the connection manager as well as the SQL handler injectable through service containers to make web developement faster.
This makes prepared statements easy to use to prevent SQL injection.

You can view the git repository at ( ).

This project is licensed under the terms of the .
( ).

Last edited:

Higoka

Dec 16, 2018
you dont need to esacpe every function, true/false, null etc and i prefer the new array syntax $x = [...]; but personal preference i guess, apart from that its okay.

i personally would not use it myself because i can do the same without a wrapper theres not much difference and i can save some overhead for calling more functions and loading extra classes

Kooser6

Apr 14, 2019
The slashes avoid naming collisions.

It's also a security enhancement due to the fact of I did not use slashes and the code was vulnerable to code injection they could inject code to modify the function. Now if there was a slash the class will look to the global namespace to prevent that piece of code to vulnerability. Paragonie Initiative Enterprise also states this issue. Here is an example:

PHP:
<?php

namespace App;

class Foo
{
    public function bar($data) {
        echo count($data);
    }
}

$foo = new Foo();
$foo->bar([1, 2, 3]);

// returns 3.

}

Now here's what could happen:

PHP:
<?php

// injected code.
// <?php
//
// namespace App;
//
// function count($data) {
//     return 24;
// }
//
// ?>

namespace App;

class Foo
{
        echo count($data);
    }
}

$foo = new Foo();
$foo->bar([1, 2, 3]);

// returns 24.

With the slash it still returns 3 because it's looking in the global namespace. Feel free to test this out for yourself.
Post automatically merged:

Reason i made this wrapper is because not everyone knows how to properly secure their PHP web application.

Also you know how many classes are loaded in laravel and it still has optimal performance.

Last edited:

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
The slashes avoid naming collisions.

It's also a security enhancement due to the fact of I did not use slashes and the code was vulnerable to code injection they could inject code to modify the function. Now if there was a slash the class will look to the global namespace to prevent that piece of code to vulnerability. Paragonie Initiative Enterprise also states this issue. Here is an example:

PHP:
<?php

namespace App;

class Foo
{
        echo count($data);
    }
}

$foo = new Foo();
$foo->bar([1, 2, 3]);

// returns 3.

}

Now here's what could happen:

PHP:
<?php

// injected code.
// <?php
//
// namespace App;
//
// function count($data) {
//     return 24;
// }
//
// ?>

namespace App;

class Foo
{
        echo count($data);
    }
}

$foo = new Foo();
$foo->bar([1, 2, 3]);

// returns 24.

With the slash it still returns 3 because it's looking in the global namespace. Feel free to test this out for yourself.

Reason i made this wrapper is because not everyone knows how to properly secure their PHP web application.

Also you know how many classes are loaded in laravel and it still has optimal performance.

Because laravel is made by competent people. (fyi its still not even close to good raw code)

btw who even mentioned anything about namespaces?

But yeah how do you expect someone to know how to build their own framework with symfony components + this when they can't even write secure php?

Kooser6

Apr 14, 2019
I mentioned namespaces because it's the main reason why i
you dont need to esacpe every function, true/false, null
. Also laravel is not very good in standalone use. My components are. Also i can build a framework given time that's faster than laravel. I have a lot more experience than you think :).

Last edited:

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
I mentioned namespaces because it's the main reason why i . Also laravel is not very good in standalone use. My components are. Also i can build a framework given time that's faster than laravel. I have a lot more experience than you think :).
from reading your code it doesn't look like it.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Also laravel is not very good in standalone use. My components are. Also i can build a framework given time that's faster than laravel
21st century troller bois.
Is this Pettyjohn's long lost twin?

Why so much duplicate code?
Plus, that's not even the proper way on how you'd get the IP of a request in PHP; what if your server is behind a proxy?
PHP:
 $ip = isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) ? $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] : 'null';
Then this will just resolve to the host address.

You're late for april fools'

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Is this Pettyjohn's long lost twin?
Unsure what you mean, I've been using Laravel professionally for a year now.
If you feel irrelevant, go ahead and tag me next time instead of making passive insults without the audacity to bring attention to it.

In regards to the author, Laravel wasn't made for speed, it wasn't made for retros and it wasn't meant for any weird reason you might give that needs a few extra milliseconds. If speed is a concern, avoid PHP, but for most use cases it's fine.

I haven't looked at the code, but did see there was an unit test. Nice. Most people believe testing in production is viable

Kooser6

Apr 14, 2019
Plus, that's not even the proper way on how you'd get the IP of a request in PHP; what if your server is behind a proxy?

Not the proper way lol. I want you to show me the proper way lol. That's funny.

Why so much duplicate code?

Well i wrote that code in 2 hours. Maybe after updating it will be better lol.

You're late for april fools'

You might be the one late.

doesn't look like it.

Does not look like what? From the looks at it you do not know what the slash is. It does not escape lol. Do you know what your looking at.

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
Not the proper way lol. I want you to show me the proper way lol. That's funny.

Well i wrote that code in 2 hours. Maybe after updating it will be better lol.

You might be the one late.

Does not look like what? From the looks at it you do not know what the slash is. It does not escape lol. Do you know what your looking at.
I never said it did escape... That's why i was confused.

Kooser6

Apr 14, 2019
didnt realise he meant explicit namespacing

What does my code look like?

I think i found your way.

And you know you only run this against TRUSTED proxies. Key word.

Why? any HTTP headers come from the client and can be spoofed.

Look at:

Last edited:

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
What does my code look like?

I think i found your way.

And you know you only run this against TRUSTED proxies. Key word.

Why? any HTTP headers come from the client and can be spoofed.

Look at:

@MayoMayn Hate to the the bearer of bad news but hes right you know. Any 'HTTP_' header can be set by the client.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
@MayoMayn Hate to the the bearer of bad news but hes right you know. Any 'HTTP_' header can be set by the client.
That's why you validate the input is an actual IP, and it has come from the proxy before assigning it as the primary user's IP.

How? Validate $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] is your trusted proxy's IP ( , or lookup the IP ranges of your proxy), then validate the connecting IP header (i.e. $_SERVER["HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP"]) is an IP with FILTER_VALIDATE_IP.

is pretty basic stuff.

Haven't looked fully through this but quality seems decent, made something similar to this a while ago for rate-limiting.

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
That's why you validate the input is an actual IP, and it has come from the proxy before assigning it as the primary user's IP.

How? Validate $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] is your trusted proxy's IP ( , or lookup the IP ranges of your proxy), then validate the connecting IP header (i.e. $_SERVER["HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP"]) is an IP with FILTER_VALIDATE_IP.

is pretty basic stuff.
Just read the other thread. X forwarded for has the same issue btw. Can still be set by any client

Kooser6

Apr 14, 2019

is pretty basic stuff.

Haven't looked fully through this but quality seems decent, made something similar to this a while ago for rate-limiting.

This is extra validation that is not needed, if you first check the `HTTP_` vars i can spoof any IP. ANY is the key word. Even a valid IP that is not mine. The reason `REMOTE_ADDR` is the best option is it can not be spoofed. Apache populates `REMOTE_ADDR` from a TCP socket that it uses to communicate with your browser. It is impossible to influence this variable over the open internet because of the . If the client and the server is on a broadcast network, like wifi, then you can sniff the wire and complete the handshake. The best way is to first see if `REMOTE_ADDR` is a trusted proxy, if so then use the proxy header, else just use `REMOTE_ADDR`. From a security standpoint validating `REMOTE_ADDR` is pointless. To sum this up the way i am using `REMOTE_ADDR` is to just protect each individual user from session hijacking, why would i use `HTTP_` vars that can be spoofed.

Last edited:

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
This is extra validation that is not needed, if you first check the `HTTP_` vars i can spoof any IP. ANY is the key word. Even a valid IP that is not mine. The reason `REMOTE_ADDR` is the best option is it can not be spoofed. Apache populates `REMOTE_ADDR` from a TCP socket that it uses to communicate with your browser. It is impossible to influence this variable over the open internet because of the . If the client and the server is on a broadcast network, like wifi, then you can sniff the wire and complete the handshake. The best way is to first see if `REMOTE_ADDR` is a trusted proxy, if so then use the proxy header, else just use `REMOTE_ADDR`. From a security standpoint validating `REMOTE_ADDR` is pointless. To sum this up the way i am using `REMOTE_ADDR` is to just protect each individual user from session hijacking, why would i use `HTTP_` vars that can be spoofed.
You can't spoof it if you validated the request came from the proxy in the first place. REMOTE_ADDR is fine if you aren't using a proxy/CDN, sadly most people do these days; so solely relying on REMOTE_ADDR won't do a lot for these setups if you're using it for fingerprinting (every session will be locked to the CDN's IP which breaks your implementation...).

Users who are viewing this thread