PeakRP Browser

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
You must be registered for see images attach

I wouldn't call it a release, but thought I would share the source code for the PeakRP Browser we released to our users today.

This uses Electron, so is therefore built on Chromium.

Features:
  • It ships with Pepper Flash Player for Windows 64-bit/32-bit and macOS
  • It only launches the client, and is launched from your normal web browser, meaning you don't need to log in anywhere else
  • The application is launched from the PeakRP website, using a peakrp:// protocol with an authentication token
  • It comes with a setting to fix the game being blurry when your display is scaled by your PC
  • All links open externally in your normal browser
The code is kept very minimal and simple to allow users to browse/verify it does not contain anything malicious.

You can browse the source code here:

Feel free to use or fork the code in any way that may be useful to you.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Nice solution - I like your approach, rather unique with the tokens and I think it's quite a nice tidy / lightweight way to go about it.

Thanks for the share.

xXMufaisaXx

Apr 8, 2018
I know its sorta off the wall but, Could you explain a bit how to did the token? I am trying to sort this. Also very nice release!

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
I know its sorta off the wall but, Could you explain a bit how to did the token? I am trying to sort this. Also very nice release!
When you launch peakrp from the website, it generates a JWT containing your user ID and redirects you to peakrp://<your jwt>

The browser opens with the peakrp:// protocol and passes this jwt as a parameter to the client page, which is sent to the emulator as usual

The same might be possible with the normal sso token thing most retros use but I've forgotten how that works tbh.

lincoln67

Nov 2, 2017
I guess since it is using the latest flash version (32.0.0.465) it will block itself from loading content on january 12th. Are you planning to downgrade the flash version?

xXMufaisaXx

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you again. Makes alot of sense. Very well done on this. Also, if you do downgrade, would you also be updating your github?

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
Thank you again. Makes alot of sense. Very well done on this. Also, if you do downgrade, would you also be updating your github?
Of course! The main reason it's open source is so users can see exactly what they're downloading, and even build it themselves if they wanted to. It's asking a lot from users to download a program from a retro.

xXMufaisaXx

Apr 8, 2018
Of course! The main reason it's open source is so users can see exactly what they're downloading, and even build it themselves if they wanted to. It's asking a lot from users to download a program from a retro.
Yeah thats true. But on the other hand, Its only temporary. Also a good solution to add a simple exe installer for it. I do however plan to edit this and use the sso ticket as verification.

Users who are viewing this thread