PC specs for a custom built laptop Suggestion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Hello Devbest,

As I am searching around for a laptop I customized a laptop of:
I customized this one: Batallion 101 CZ -13 gaming laptop and ended up with these specs:
Case
Battalion 101 CZ-13 15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 Widescreen LED TFT Laptop w/ HDMI Port, Li-Ion Battery, Universal AC Power Adapter - Original Metallic Black

Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Mobile Processor (4x 2.4GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

Memory
4GB [4GB x 1] 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM [Laptop Memory] - Corsair or Major Brand

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB GDDR3 Video [CZ-13]

Primary Hard Drive
500 GB 7200rpm Serial-ATA Super Slim Laptop Hard Drive

Optical Drive
8x Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + 16x CD-R/RW Combo Drive [CZ-13]

Flash Media Reader / Writer
Built-in 3-in-1 Media Card Reader/Writer [Laptop]

Sound Card
3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card
Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN [Laptop]

Internal Wireless Network Adapter
Intel Ultimate-N 6300 802.11 a/b/g/n 450Mbps Dual-Band Wi-Fi

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) 64-bit

USB Ports
Built-in 2x USB 2.0 Ports + 2x USB 3.0 Port [Laptop]

Carrying Case
Free Deluxe Carrying Case

Video Camera
Build-in 1.3 Mega Pixels Digital Web Video Camera

Warranty
Standard Warranty Service - Standard One(1) Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support

Rush Service
Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days

Mouse
1 x iBUYPOWER Precision Gaming Mouse Midnight Black
I am looking for feedback on this, Remember that the price on the site is USD and I am purchasing in NZD. I am wanting one under 1.5K. Please give me feedback or maybe even the specs of one you customized?
Also is that site good for buying laptops of? Please tell me this. Also tell me if you have bought from them in the past.
Thank you

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
What exactly would this be for? Gaming? Development? General?. just wondering...

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Gaming most of it. And school work so internet and microsoft office etc

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
If you're on some what of a budget you can lower your processor to an i5, it wont make a huge difference depending on what programs you're using, sounds like you won't notice.
I'd recommend upgrading to atleast 8gb of ram, or even 12gb for gaming.
Your Graphics card is really nice, I wouldn't recommend anything else on that part.
The HDD is a bit small, atleast for me because I have a 1TB HDD and I'm at around 100gb space left.

Hope you enjoy your PC.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I'd highly recommend a SSD if you have the money, they are super fast and quiet.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
If you're on some what of a budget you can lower your processor to an i5, it wont make a huge difference depending on what programs you're using, sounds like you won't notice.
I'd recommend upgrading to atleast 8gb of ram, or even 12gb for gaming.
Your Graphics card is really nice, I wouldn't recommend anything else on that part.
The HDD is a bit small, atleast for me because I have a 1TB HDD and I'm at around 100gb space left.

Hope you enjoy your PC.

Thank you for your feedback, You can't downgrade to a I5 it comes with an I7 and can only upgrade to higher Ghz.
It allows you to upgrade to 8gb or 16, going for 8 adds $30 but I can live with that. How ever it allows you to choose from a DDR3-1333 Memory Module or DDR3-1600 Memory Module. Not sure what they are?

I'd highly recommend a SSD if you have the money, they are super fast and quiet.
SSD's are better, but very expensive compared to a hard drive. And I wouldn't really know what one to choose from the list available.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Thank you for your feedback, You can't downgrade to a I5 it comes with an I7 and can only upgrade to higher Ghz.
It allows you to upgrade to 8gb or 16, going for 8 adds $30 but I can live with that. How ever it allows you to choose from a DDR3-1333 Memory Module orDDR3-1600 Memory Module. Not sure what they are?

SSD's are better, but very expensive compared to a hard drive. And I wouldn't really know what one to choose from the list available.
Definitely go with an HDD.

The DDR3-1600 modules are faster than 1333 mods.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Definitely go with an HDD.

The DDR3-1600 modules are faster than 1333 mods.
Yes, I dont think I can fund for an SSD.

EDIT: Some one told me this laptop will get hot as fuck. Anything I can do to stop that?

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Yes, I dont think I can fund for an SSD.

EDIT: Some one told me this laptop will get hot as fuck. Anything I can do to stop that?
most laptops do, including mine but I just recently found a really, really good solution.
Before I just had a laptop cooling pad under it but that didn't really do anything, actually it did nothing. I found out the fan wasn't turning on (internal laptop) at all, until it reaches temperatures of 160f+. So I put 2 HDDs on the under side of the cooling laptop fan so it can suck in more air, and used SpeedFan to turn my fan to 60-100%. Stays around 80-100 now.

Should work since it worked on all three of mine.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
most laptops do, including mine but I just recently found a really, really good solution.
Before I just had a laptop cooling pad under it but that didn't really do anything, actually it did nothing. I found out the fan wasn't turning on (internal laptop) at all, until it reaches temperatures of 160f+. So I put 2 HDDs on the under side of the cooling laptop fan so it can suck in more air, and used SpeedFan to turn my fan to 60-100%. Stays around 80-100 now.

Should work since it worked on all three of mine.
Alright, Thanks for all your help. Do you know people who have brought from the site before? I just want to see if its good. Going to read the customer reviews now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread