Page Administrators

Shatter

Selling Dedicated Servers
Jan 8, 2014
Hello Devbest, (@Rooster)

IN REGARDS TO FINDRETROS:
Would page administrators be an option? I understand that many accounts are hijacked now that people are constantly opening joint hotels. In order to sustain a more secure environment in regards to the login information that people have to release to multi-manage a hotel, that you might be able to add the option of having administrators that can edit the page but ultimately cannot completely hijack the page and lock the original owner out of the account?

Just a suggestion. Not sure if I've explained it well enough. I can elaborate further if needed.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Hello Devbest, (@Rooster)

IN REGARDS TO FINDRETROS:
Would page administrators be an option? I understand that many accounts are hijacked now that people are constantly opening joint hotels. In order to sustain a more secure environment in regards to the login information that people have to release to multi-manage a hotel, that you might be able to add the option of having administrators that can edit the page but ultimately cannot completely hijack the page and lock the original owner out of the account?

Just a suggestion. Not sure if I've explained it well enough. I can elaborate further if needed.
its too bad they cant code :s

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Rule B.2: Do not give out your FindRetros account details to anyone.

There is not that much you can change. If the original owner can't make free 2 minutes of his time to change the description or the banner, that isn't our problem, but theirs.

Shatter

Jan 8, 2014
Rule B.2: Do not give out your FindRetros account details to anyone.

There is not that much you can change. If the original owner can't make free 2 minutes of his time to change the description or the banner, that isn't our problem, but theirs.
Yet it becomes your problem when they come running to you guys to reset their PW or to handle an account hijacking. It was a mere suggestion. You seem to be the only one against it.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Yet it becomes your problem when they come running to you guys to reset their PW or to handle an account hijacking. It was a mere suggestion. You seem to be the only one against it.
I'm not saying I don't agree with the suggestion, besides we (FindRetros Moderators) can't reset any passwords, so it ain't our problem. I've never seen someone requesting a password reset either. If people choose to ignore the rules (which happens often), I only see a reason to punish them, not help them, as they clearly didn't read the rules.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
It amazes me how defensive you guys are getting for no reason... The feature hes requesting to solve the main problems these retro kids have now takes 5mins to implement?
Yet you just argue because you like to challenge everyone and everything.

Then you ask why the retro community is dying... People like you?

flyest

Doctor
Mar 3, 2013
qeR4qo8.jpg

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
If people followed the rules you wouldn't have this problem, It's a good idea non of the less, but it's not the FR Moderators fault, if they can't follow rules, then it's their own fault.

Shatter

Jan 8, 2014
If people followed the rules you wouldn't have this problem, It's a good idea non of the less, but it's not the FR Moderators fault, if they can't follow rules, then it's their own fault.
No one stated this was anyone's fault. I've stated this would help with the trouble. I think you are getting the wrong point. This isn't to help the users as much as it is to help the Find Retros team.

Users who are viewing this thread