OldSchool, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
A lot of OldSchool retros today are made very poorly. Either they are ham, on a webs site, or hosted on their personal computer. Well, I know there is that small community out there that still like them, as I am one. If there is somewhat a stable and commited community that are willing to help or play. I am willing to host this on a vps, have a professional site, be current with all the new features, add feauters myself.

Of course is this goes through i'll need at least two partners. A co-owner and a technician. A co-owner that could help kinda with the money part. Such as, will to split the vps bill and all that. Then a technician that can work inside the game and outside.

Anyway, if you think making this will be worth it, just comment below, why or why not. Also list any new ideas for an oldschool that haven't been seen before?

Prime

Apr 30, 2012
I think it'd just be worth making a R63.

Old school hotel's are not so great now.

Habbo has officially set a high standard.

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
I think it'd just be worth making a R63.

Old school hotel's are not so great now.

Habbo has officially set a high standard.

But how many r63's are out there? I mean, i'd just be another newer version of habbo in the field. You barley see good functioning oldschools that fail within a week,

Moogly

May 6, 2012
Actually. Old servers are shit, however the client is perfectly fine. I am going to be posting a stable v13 emulator later this month, it's coded in C# and has a MySQL backend. Compared to the other old school servers which were coded in VB6 it is a big improvement. It is also more stable due to having the full encoding, so the issues such as broken teleporters, console, etc... will not apply in this case which were caused due to the Visual Basic encoding for Habbo VL64 / B64 was broken / unfinished.

In any case, don't give up hope, for I will soon be blessing the older versions of habbo once again. :)

iJackson

Mar 6, 2012
I would like to be co-owner people are talking r63 n saying oldschool is shit. I don't mind oldschool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread