Obama Care

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
What do you think of the new ObamaCare bill that is brewing in congess currently?

My take on it is:
If you can't pay for your own healthcare, why should the American Taxpayers?

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Some people can't afford this, you shouldn't have to pay for your own healthcare and yes the tax should pay really, I don't see why we have to pay tax and then have to pay health care on top of that.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
I agree with Kieran, As I live in the UK which has the National Health Service funded by taxes, I know that this is successful and Josh I put this to you, what if you've contributed alot to your country, i.e. fighting in the Army or contributions to medical research but fall ill or are injured in combat so are unable to get money, they deserve as much healthcare as the people who are out working but they don't have any means to get money to pay for it, so I think from what I've heard that this new bill is a great idea.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I agree with josh. Although Im a canadian and this is in place already :( I don't feel that american taxes should go up so you can pay for some bum that just got hit by a car or some jack ass child that was being a idiot and sprained his finger. The way it was is the way it should stay.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
As England gets there medical health care paid for them, but were ever your from you need to vote for another president as tax should come under all of that, what exactly do your taxes get spent on?

Our tax goes on:

Royal family
Medical health (including dental)
Government
Emergency Services

Everything else is funded by the government what should also count down to our tax it's not a really big issue in England for tax as they do there share for us.

Benden

Jun 4, 2010
The tax money is set out evenly to everything. But health care should not be covered because it costs workers alot of money just to pay for someone else to go to the Hospital. I think if you go to the hospital it should be out of your expense not other tax payers
also taxes are for other things so the current tax rate doesnt include healthcare with the new healthcare plan taxes will go up to cover it.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
The tax money is set out evenly to everything. But health care should not be covered because it costs workers alot of money just to pay for someone else to go to the Hospital. I think if you go to the hospital it should be out of your expense not other tax payers

See that's where you go wrong I can't really argue because the US does not have "Royal Family" but in United Kingdom we give half of our tax to them, including 30% to the NHS what supply us with medical health care as you said we should pay for our own medical pay, but we do? that's what tax are for to pay for our living. you need to know what Tax is before you start saying we need to pay for our own care when actually thats what tax is for.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
As England gets there medical health care paid for them, but were ever your from you need to vote for another president as tax should come under all of that, what exactly do your taxes get spent on?

Our tax goes on:

Royal family
Medical health (including dental)
Government
Emergency Services

Everything else is funded by the government what should also count down to our tax it's not a really big issue in England for tax as they do there share for us.
Just a note, it's the whole of the United Kingdom (i.e. SCOTLAND) not just England.

But what you've said is true, not all people are bums or idiots either, if you haven't noticed we're all in an economic depression which means we may find it hard to get employed therefore find it hard to pay medical bills. And I'm sure you both would feel different if it were to be a friend/family member who couldn't afford medical bills.

Benden

Jun 4, 2010
I see your point, but the president (I'm not 100% how Americans work there politics and stuff) spend their money on other things and don't put any money in to the current health care system, But when the new health care system goes in place there wont be enough money left to evenly dispense into everything they already give money to and all the hospitals doctors offices and such making taxes increase. So leaving it the way it is would keep the tax rate as it is currently and this would save everyone money for when they do go to the hospital.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I support healthcare, it doesn't just help out ill people who can't afford a hospital, etc.
I don't know much of it, but it all seems good, and yes, more taxes, won't be so bad.
I think that at the end, it will be great.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
I see your point, but the president (I'm not 100% how Americans work there politics and stuff) spend their money on other things and don't put any money in to the current health care system, But when the new health care system goes in place there wont be enough money left to evenly dispense into everything they already give money to and all the hospitals doctors offices and such making taxes increase. So leaving it the way it is would keep the tax rate as it is currently and this would save everyone money for when they do go to the hospital.
But with universal health care noone would need to buy health insurance therfore the price of tax could go up a little without affecting the lower-waged population and the cost of health care would be evenly spread.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
ObamaCare does NOT weigh out. In fact, for all of the taxes people would pay, they mine as well have Health insurance.

buzzybee

Legend
Jun 10, 2010
I do not support ObamaCare not 1%. President Obama has put us in so much debt, I hope he does not get reelected in 2012.

Jared

Jul 14, 2010
Businesses with 50 or fewer full time or full time equivalent employees will not be subject to the penalties. A full time employee under the new law works an average of 30 or more hours per week in a month.

And there may even be a 50% tax deduction if you choose to provide health benefits. Small employers with fewer than 25 full-time equivalent employees and average annual wages of less than $50,000 that purchase health insurance for employees are eligible for the tax credit. The tax credit is available for insurance costs beginning January 1, 2010.

Kenny

Oct 18, 2010
I'm for the Obamacare because...

Even though it will cost a lot of money at first, it will also SAVE tons of money over the years.
There are many, many good reasons why Obamacare must come. But the best of all is definitely: it will save thousands of lives.
And if you don't believe me, that compulsory healthcare is something great, just come and visit some countries in western Europe. Or read statistics about them. You will find out, that Europe doesn't only have way fewer people officially called "poor" (under the poverty-line), but it also has way less people dieing each year! Reason: I live in Switzerland. If I get a really bad disease, let's say cancer, I will go to a hospital and they will care for me. I don't have to worry, because there are very good and professional doctors who do anything they can. And I don't have to worry, because my insurance will pay everything. This way, I can completely concentrate on recovering.
However, if I get cancer in the U.S., I will go to my doctor who'll tell me "sorry, but you haven't got enough money to pay for your treatment. I can't help you." Which means, I have no other option than going home again, lieing on my bed and waiting for death to come. And THIS is not what a first-world-country is like. This is, what a third-world-country is like. I even knew a little girl who had exactly this fate. She got cancer. Her parents couldn't afford her treatment. She's dead now. She was only thirteen.
I know there are lots of people swearing about obamacare. But I know, that all those people will love it in 20 or 30 years. They will love it so much, that they will claim, that in fact, republicans tried to make it true and democrats were against it.
It's the same thing with slavery. In 1850, there were tons of people calling Lincoln an idiot and saying, they want to kill him because he wanted to abolish slavery. Now, 150 years later, everyone thinks Lincoln is a hero. And ironically, it's exactly the same people that sweared about Lincoln, that are now swearing about Obama. Conservative hillbillies.

Jared

Jul 14, 2010
I'm for the Obamacare because...

Even though it will cost a lot of money at first, it will also SAVE tons of money over the years.
There are many, many good reasons why Obamacare must come. But the best of all is definitely: it will save thousands of lives.
And if you don't believe me, that compulsory healthcare is something great, just come and visit some countries in western Europe. Or read statistics about them. You will find out, that Europe doesn't only have way fewer people officially called "poor" (under the poverty-line), but it also has way less people dieing each year! Reason: I live in Switzerland. If I get a really bad disease, let's say cancer, I will go to a hospital and they will care for me. I don't have to worry, because there are very good and professional doctors who do anything they can. And I don't have to worry, because my insurance will pay everything. This way, I can completely concentrate on recovering.
However, if I get cancer in the U.S., I will go to my doctor who'll tell me "sorry, but you haven't got enough money to pay for your treatment. I can't help you." Which means, I have no other option than going home again, lieing on my bed and waiting for death to come. And THIS is not what a first-world-country is like. This is, what a third-world-country is like. I even knew a little girl who had exactly this fate. She got cancer. Her parents couldn't afford her treatment. She's dead now. She was only thirteen.
I know there are lots of people swearing about obamacare. But I know, that all those people will love it in 20 or 30 years. They will love it so much, that they will claim, that in fact, republicans tried to make it true and democrats were against it.
It's the same thing with slavery. In 1850, there were tons of people calling Lincoln an idiot and saying, they want to kill him because he wanted to abolish slavery. Now, 150 years later, everyone thinks Lincoln is a hero. And ironically, it's exactly the same people that sweared about Lincoln, that are now swearing about Obama. Conservative hillbillies.

Hmm, I do like your comments and I do take them into consideration into my own beliefs.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
One thing that I would support however, is changing labor laws so that the full time employee is 35 or 30 hours a week instead of 40. Employers like WalMart, make their employees work only 35 hours a week so that they do not have to provide their employees with benefits such as healthcare. I think that this should be changed so that a multi-billion dollar company like Wal-Mart shouldn't be allowed to cheap out.

Users who are viewing this thread