Flash Nova ~ R63B ~ Regularly Updated ~ Unique ~ Friendly Growing Community & More!

Will you be playing?

• Yes, asbolutely!

• Maybe.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsNick

Nov 19, 2013
GeW1sAJ.png

Hey there! Thanks for clicking our thread to see what our hotel is all about. Please take the time to read the about us and any other sections to this thread that may interest you. Thank-you for your time, and we hope that you like our community!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________

About us: Nova Hotel is a hotel created so you can have a place to meet new friends. It is meant to be a fun community, and we will do our best to provide that for you. I'm Nick, founding owner. I've been around since the very early days of retros and have learned quite a bit from that. A fresh, awesome and whimsical hotel that is available 24/7! We strive to be make you have a good time (well, at least as much as we can). There is nothing better than you returning day after day to see what's new. There is a small but growing community that welcomes every new user with a cheerful smile. We work every day to help with problems you might have. We have also put in many hours of our time to make sure everything is 100% satisfactory.

Nova Hotel opened in 2014 for a bit. It had 30-50 users online within a few weeks but we were unsure of the direction we wanted to take it, resulting in the hotel closing. It was an amazing community, it was happy, people always had good feedback and it was always entertaining.

I want to bring that same community back. With the staff team we have now who are all positive and amazing people, I believe it's possible. We have so many plans that other hotels have never thought of that we don't even know where to start haha.

Overall though... are you willing to help a true community succeed? We're trying to bring back the standard of old retros. The happy, care free, fun and beautifully managed communities with people who actually care.

We hope to see you around!

Last edited:

Liam

trust nobody
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
I don't like how your Welcome Lounge is cluttered with Thrones, your CMS isn't bad though. Good luck.

ItsNick

Nov 19, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. I agree, the Lounge does need a remodel- however it was put in there to have at least something. Ive spent way more time on the CMS, and keep on planning to.

Lost

in the sauce
Jan 17, 2016
I don't like the use of a .xyz domain because it's a bad advertisement for noobs, they may not appeal to something that sounds so sketchy. I never liked ShockCMS, it's too fansite looking. Goodluck to your hotel.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
Unlike other hotels who pride themselves on running from cheap virtual private servers with shared minimal amounts of RAM, Cheer has it's own protected dedicated server with plenty more RAM. 8GB to be exact, and much more room to grow if the need is there. This means there should not be any issue with processing power, as nothing is "shared". We run on R63b with many tweaks, and added features. You'll have to join to find out.​

Why does it say "Cheer has it's owned protected dedicated server"? Did you rip this shitty thread from another post? I agree with Lost @ ShockCMS being pretty garbage. Goodluck at making a wonderful community, it'll be pretty difficult to do.​

ItsNick

Nov 19, 2013
To respond to all of you. I don't quite know why you have to be so negative. The entire point of the community is to learn and grow your skills. I kindly request constructive feedback, but being a total dick about it is uncalled for. K glad that's out of the way.

*Shock CMS*
Yeah, I agree it's quite garbage. But it does was more for a development ground so I could rebuild a shitty infrastructure.

In due time we're trying to correct everything - which Is why Im asking your help. I can't simply find every single little detail and expect it to be 100% correct. I'd love to try if I could.

Nitro

http://habbihotel.us
Mar 5, 2016
I agree with @li4m. Your welcome lounge looks messy with the thrones and the colors placed in there. Otherwise, not too bad. Good luck.

ItsNick

Nov 19, 2013
I've went ahead and updated quite a few things to suit your suggestions. Some are much appreciated. More to come.

@Nitro You're more then welcome to come on and help build a nicer one ;)

Nitro

http://habbihotel.us
Mar 5, 2016
I've went ahead and updated quite a few things to suit your suggestions. Some are much appreciated. More to come.

@Nitro You're more then welcome to come on and help build a nicer one ;)
Haha nice try. I'll pass. Good luck :)

cutes

https://habbi.us
Apr 5, 2016
From the welcome lounge screenshot, I'd suggest a more minimal approach instead of a cluttered approach. But, good luck with your hotel.

ItsNick

Nov 19, 2013
Thanks for all the comments. The feedback helps me a lot.
We've actually just created a new homeroom, which isn't filled with a bunch of multi-colored thrones.

And currently, Im working on re-styling the CMS.

If you join, comment with your username! :)

tjw172

Jan 31, 2015
Glad this is back up! It's about time. This is going to be a really fun adventure, hope everyone else can join!

ItsNick

Nov 19, 2013
Yeah, thanks @Leader ... Its been around a while, never did much with it until now I guess. Still looking for some more ideas and what to do with it. Hope to see you on sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread