[NodeJS, PostgreSQL] Habbo Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
BetaProx.png
Habbo Emulator Development Thread.

This emulator is currently open-source on GitHub. I'd appreciate it if you'd give me feedback, positive or negative as long as its constructive.
I have no deadline for the release of this emulator yet I do plan on releasing it as of right now.

Last edited:

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Why not use PostgreSQL? If you don't need a document database, why use it? Postgres has some pretty powerful JSON capabilities.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Why not use PostgreSQL? If you don't need a document database, why use it? Postgres has some pretty powerful JSON capabilities.
Looking into PostgreSQL now... Thanks for the feedback, PostgreSQL looks rather amazing based on the documentation which i read on its official website. However, I will have to look into it more to see if it's not too much trouble for a simple Habbo Emulator.

...The fact that its SQL is a +1

Marcel

You're the guy who stole my car
Jul 17, 2015
Will this have that Avatar Generator with it ?
Besides that good luck!

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Will this have that Avatar Generator with it ?
Besides that good luck!
Notice:
This is not
HTML5, this is an actual emulator (just like phoenix or whatever), meaning it emulates the flash client on habbo.com.

However:
I do plan duplicate and rewrite habbo's client in HTML5 using Node.js websockets, when I do that I will include an avatar generator or you can just use habbo.nl's? that's what i'll be using!

Ba50jIb.png

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013

You could use that for your avatar imager, I love it and it's quite amazing (and it works offline since it uses local images)

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014

You could use that for your avatar imager, I love it and it's quite amazing (and it works offline since it uses local images)
THIS DOES NOT USE HTML, IT EMULATES THE HABBO FLASH CLIENT... WHY WOULD I NEED AN AVATAR GENERATOR??

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Updates:
Rewrote a lot of core features, decided to go with MySQL Pooling for now... was going to use an ORM which supported PostgreSQL but I felt as though I had more experience handling MySQL and people really only know how to use MySQL (Habbotards).

Configuration Manager ~ Not Started 0%
Console & File Logging ~ Not Started 0%
Socket Manager ~ Done 100%
Packet Manager ~ Done 100%
Database Manager ~ Done 100%
Session Manager ~ Done 100%
Player Manager & Authentication ~ Progress 80%
Game Manager & Features Handling ~ Done 100%
Byte Parsing & Buffer Decoding/Encoding ~ Done 100%
Habbo Hotel Managers * Navigator etc. ~ Not Started 0%

Screenshots

I don't have screenshots of the Client yet because of a critical error I'm dealing with at the moment with Byte Parsing.
I have the encoding known as Binary (New Crypto) and BASE64 (Old Crypto), but I'm pretty sure on using the latest revision so if you guys would give me your feedback regarding that decision then that would be cool too.

update: Fixed Byte Parsing Error.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Looks cool so far, i'll be back on this thread when there's habbo functionality (because there prolly won't beKappa)

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Looks cool so far, i'll be back on this thread when there's habbo functionality (because there prolly won't beKappa)
that's no problem, I could get hotelview up now but I'm encountering another byte parsing error.

Ollie

Jan 7, 2013
Wow! This looks great. I am currently learning node.js as I want to use it to power the server for my MMO :p I can't wait to hopefully be able to test this out. Also kind of off-topic but if you have any resources you would recommend for node.js, if you could share them with me that would be great :)

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I wanna focus on another development actually,

I reckon you can figure it out.

Anyone can use projects from my GitHub just acknowledge credit... I might go ahead and release MoonPHP as well, yet I haven't finished it's housekeeping, nor it's main pages (everything "started" on though)

I was currently working on the error in "Response.js" which is a simple byte parsing error, couldn't figure that out (Just couldn't be bothered).

Also I was doing MySQL Pooling in Node, really simple actually yet I didn't write up any database structure, I also wanted to switch to Sequilize which is a Node.js ORM for multiple datasources.

"Game.js" was written with basic JavaScript simplicity which cannot be replicated in any other server-side language (that I know of, @Chrobens) taking advantage of JavaScript's everyday asynchronous functions, I've created a basic callback timer using "SetTimeout" in Node which runs like a background timer in C#.

Pathfinder Library has been installed, Fucking Amazing actually, it's called "Pathfinder.js" live demo on here:

Everything else is written clean, structured, organized, and as "OOP" as JavaScript can get (That's a lie, I was going to restructure the whole project in ES6 whilst using RxJS).

There is no RC4 Encryption coded, sorry.

If you need anymore details, simply ask on the thread, I will CONTINUE this emulator, yet, development won't be so "stable". As for my other projects, if you're interested in what I'm currently working on, just shout me a PM, we're all friends!

Oh look, another development which you'll automatically stop once you finish the authentication/login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread