[Node - React - Redux] StormCMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
StormCMS is an advanced replicate of the web written in React instead of Angular.

Closed-sourced on Gitlab due to this will be used for a project of my own.
When or if I'm not going to use it anymore, I'll re-open a repository on Github.

Feel free to PM me, if you still want to follow the development on .

Last edited:

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
I'm not a big fan of transcompiling server-side code using Babel (though it has its benefits for client-side usage) because the only real differences I'm seeing between Node without a transcompiler and Babel is that people like to use the import/export keywords and make their code look pretty not realizing the toll it takes on overall performance.

It's like the same argument with CoffeeScript, the only benefit I saw with that was code optimization when generated and now that just looks like a help tool for retards who can't see redundancy in their code.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I'm not a big fan of transcompiling server-side code using Babel (though it has its benefits for client-side usage) because the only real differences I'm seeing between Node without a transcompiler and Babel is that people like to use the import/export keywords and make their code look pretty not realizing the toll it takes on overall performance.

It's like the same argument with CoffeeScript, the only benefit I saw with that was code optimization when generated and now that just looks like a help tool for retards who can't see redundancy in their code.
Well you're right.
But in this case, it makes total sense to transcompile the server-side.

Try explain that to Pettyjohn lel

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Well you're right.
But in this case, it makes total sense to transcompile the server-side.

Try explain that to Pettyjohn lel
Yeah the way you're running your scripts, at least you're doing it correctly!

Also, it looks like support for import/export are in progress and otw :rasta:

Paypal

Freelance developer
Apr 1, 2017
Not such a big fan of habbo.com but oh well ill check out the git

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Any updates?
I'm coding a React replicate of using their design.
It'll take some time before this is finished, since I gotta learn some new modules and practices.

#UPDATES
User authentication is almost finished using Passport and JWT.
CSRF protection has been added.
Redis is used to store sessions and CSRF token between API and client.
I've also coded an .

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
Wow thanks for the pm last night about me receiving this for free!!!!! Goodluck on this son!

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
#UPDATES
Switched from Bookshelf to Sequelize as it didn't fulfill my needs of what an ORM should be capable of.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Probably should investigate more into capabilities of ORMS before switching mid project.

Regardless, bookshelf is a pretty powerful and quite amazing ORM that personally has never failed me

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Probably should investigate more into capabilities of ORMS before switching mid project.

Regardless, bookshelf is a pretty powerful and quite amazing ORM that personally has never failed me
That's uhm.. You only find out whether or not a module fits your needs when you try it out.
Bookshelf lacks a lot of features compared to Sequelize.

How did you manage to fetch all rows in a table by a column value? Looking at StackOverflow I'm not the only one with the same issue. Just the way you insert new rows and fetches them is just... really non productive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread