Nobody cares anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straya

Straya Cunt
Mar 23, 2013
There was a time when the community were actually a community. You would get the odd prick, but now we are at each others necks. We are now copying each others work and claiming as own. Its pretty easy changing the credits, but is it easy for the coder themself?

Another thing that bugs me is that the majority of the community is trying to make a business out of the retro scene. People will use adverts, VIP donations to try earn simple bucks. Fuck, iv seen people buy imacs and iphones from all the money from retros. If you may know Aaron who coded Phoenix was earning thousands from Phoenix and the retros he owned. If you really cared, why would you sell a emulator? If seen many great original open source free emulators. But what happened? People started just renaming emulators and claim it as there own. I mean... Who does that?

I am surprised that we are weak. Possibly one of the weakest communties online. Even though sulake is shutting down retros people are like yay. More users=More money. I thought that the community would be stronger then ever and help each other. Instead we hack, cheat, etc. Just because we can earn money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultra

Posting Freak
Jan 7, 2011
Point of this board? We can rant all we want about people renaming and making money, but it won't stop them.

Straya

Straya Cunt
Mar 23, 2013
Point of this board? We can rant all we want about people renaming and making money, but it won't stop them.
Seeing that you posted that and you own a retro, I'm figuring your one of the bozos that seduce people for there money.

What's next? Pay to play?

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
You know Echo has spent around $400 on everything we have paid for, and I think we have got 1 donater and we didn't even get that money, paygol did. To be completely honest I am not worried about donations, it helps but its not required by our users to donate. It's nice to have money to be able to use, as thats what keeps hotels running. But there is a point when you need to say , is it fair? If you are requiring or asking your users to pay, how are you any different then habbo.

The point of retros where to provide a free, fun version of habbo!

Straya

Straya Cunt
Mar 23, 2013
You know Echo has spent around $400 on everything we have paid for, and I think we have got 1 donater and we didn't even get that money, paygol did. To be completely honest I am not worried about donations, it helps but its not required by our users to donate. It's nice to have money to be able to use, as thats what keeps hotels running. But there is a point when you need to say , is it fair? If you are requiring or asking your users to pay, how are you any different then habbo.

The point of retros where to provide a free, fun version of habbo!
Agreed!

Look at fresh. That muscab dude is earning thousands a day. Who the fuck charges for staff? Then has like millions of adverts on his site.

He doesn't care. I say fuck him, may he burn.

MrArkalys

Java Dev
Jul 29, 2013
There was a time when the community were actually a community. You would get the odd prick, but now we are at each others necks. We are now copying each others work and claiming as own. Its pretty easy changing the credits, but is it easy for the coder themself?

Another thing that bugs me is that the majority of the community is trying to make a business out of the retro scene. People will use adverts, VIP donations to try earn simple bucks. Fuck, iv seen people buy imacs and iphones from all the money from retros. If you may know Aaron who coded Phoenix was earning thousands from Phoenix and the retros he owned. If you really cared, why would you sell a emulator? If seen many great original open source free emulators. But what happened? People started just renaming emulators and claim it as there own. I mean... Who does that?

I am surprised that we are weak. Possibly one of the weakest communties online. Even though sulake is shutting down retros people are like yay. More users=More money. I thought that the community would be stronger then ever and help each other. Instead we hack, cheat, etc. Just because we can earn money.

My friend, this is what YOU do... Not every1 is this pathetic...

All my releases are coded myself OR I GIVE THE RIGHT CREDITS/LINKS!

Straya

Straya Cunt
Mar 23, 2013
My friend, this is what YOU do... Not every1 is this pathetic...

All my releases are coded myself OR I GIVE THE RIGHT CREDITS/LINKS!
I haven't released anything so do say that I do is a fake fact.

Also don't Rip other peoples work too,

iRekan

XboxOneFTW!
Nov 8, 2011
Well, Sulake/Habbo doesn't LIKE our retros, they can make a law suit in a couple of days, threaten us. We'll just go away and so will everyone else!

Their a multimillionaire company and what are we? Just 12-18 year olds wanting to play a FREE version of Habbo.
Don't start chatting saying that sulake can make a Habbo where theres one old skool and one flash or that they should make credits free.

The point of making a game is to earn from it, not to lose money. Sulake will lose a LOAD if they do this, they aren't stupid enough to do that.

Once you make a retro and the money starts poring in, you get addicted, you can't stop the retro. You live upon it like Jonty (Not saying he was addicted).
For an example as said before, Muscab earns thousands a week, probably a day, before he cared, now retros are just for money, JUST LIKE SULAKE :/

Sulake have won the war, they have always won and will always win, this is Illegal. (Wow I haven't been on DevBest on ages ;D)

Snappy

^^^^UpHosting^^^^
Aug 29, 2013
Agreed!

Look at fresh. That muscab dude is earning thousands a day. Who the fuck charges for staff? Then has like millions of adverts on his site.

He doesn't care. I say fuck him, may he burn.
I highly disagree with this those so called "thousands" he is making are mostly going out for the servers to be precise 7 dedicated servers costs quite a lot so think before you post and Ywori I have seen you dissing a ton of other peoples works yet you complain about everyone else always being at each others necks

Straya

Straya Cunt
Mar 23, 2013
I highly disagree with this those so called "thousands" he is making are mostly going out for the servers to be precise 7 dedicated servers costs quite a lot so think before you post and Ywori I have seen you dissing a ton of other peoples works yet you complain about everyone else always being at each others necks
I hate some peoples work because they are not fucking creative or original.

They are using the same template and the same colors over and over again. I get sick of the same shit all the time.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Now, I've said this numerous times, I have always felt as though charging for Phoenix was wrong. However, as , the people who develop emulators - they've grown up - Habbo isn't fun for them anymore and they have bills to pay, real responsibilities. Charging for their work is something everyone has the right to do, and it is great extra income for these developers. For Hotel Owners, Hosting is expensive. When the community was the "sharing and caring" type, there wasn't $600 hosting bills - there were lots of small retros that had usually no more than 100 users and $20-30 monthly bills. Now we have megaretros that are reaching user numbers that equate to 1/3 of Habbo.com's online count. This creates a need for more horsepower on the servers. The fact is: operation of a retro has become more expensive and robust. It is a much larger operation than what it once was. For this fact, I see nothing wrong with asking users to pitch in a few dollars or throwing ads up on the site. Also, the competition between retros ultimately helps the player because better retros get more votes, which keeps them on the top of the list. This means that more people are enjoying better retros. Overall, the quality in the community has declined, but it's a decay as in anything else when the next generation enters the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread