[NEW] FlatUI - Hosting Template - Release!

VaginaMuncher

Chilling with me bitch Fiona
Mar 17, 2013
Thanks mate, appreciate it.

If anyone needs help with customization to their liking, as long as its not completely setting up your website, im happy to make personal edits for you. (Free of Charge)
Hey mate, Nothing hard, just hex colors! but could you make it brighter and use unique colors which are being used more now? Want to see what It would look like :)

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
I didn't attach a license to it because people are free to do as they please with this. Edit the code, delete code, redesign it, edit the css. I couldn't care less. As long as my name stays in the very bottom of the footer, I'm happy. :)
Theoretically, since you included "all rights reserved" after your copyright in the footer of this template, you could send a DMCA notice to anyone using this template and they could take it down with your permission. Which is bad.

Also, if you had not implied that it is alright for anyone to edit, delete, and redesign your code in that post, then by default, no one would have permission to use your work (other than DevBest, but I'll save that up for another post).

Licenses or implied licenses are a must when you are releasing code that others can use.

Last edited:

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
This is a basic template release on a fairly small forum called DevBest, this isn't themeforest, only 1 or 2 people will end up using this on an actual site.

We had a portion of this conversation in the shoutbox, its my content, i license it and release it how i like, the only person I've ever seen moan about product licensing on this forum is yourself, ever. Half of the stuff you commented is so irrelevant its hilarious, why would i send a DMCA to someone that is using my work? It would probably cause more trouble than its worth. It seems you only post comments like these about licenses because you want put yourself above others and come across as someone that knows what he's on about.

How did i not give them consent? I'm pretty much giving everyone consent to use my content as soon as i post that download link in the thread.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
# DON'T BE A DICK PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 1, December 2009
Copyright (C) 2009 Philip Sturgeon <[email protected]>
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or modified copies of this license document, and changing it is allowed as long as the name is changed.
> DON'T BE A DICK PUBLIC LICENSE
> TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
1. Do whatever you like with the original work, just don't be a dick. Being a dick includes - but is not limited to - the following instances:
1a. Outright copyright infringement - Don't just copy this and change the name.
1b. Selling the unmodified original with no work done what-so-ever, that's REALLY being a dick.
1c. Modifying the original work to contain hidden harmful content. That would make you a PROPER dick.
2. If you become rich through modifications, related works/services, or supporting the original work, share the love. Only a dick would make loads off this work and not buy the original work's creator(s) a pint.
3. Code is provided with no warranty. Using somebody else's code and bitching when it goes wrong makes you a DONKEY dick. Fix the problem yourself. A non-dick would submit the fix back.

src :

Might Help you a bit with the problem

----------------------------------------------------------

ONT: Queef, i have to say, your work is great! Such as Habbo and non habbo.. Good luck in the future.

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
This is a basic template release on a fairly small forum called DevBest, this isn't themeforest, only 1 or 2 people will end up using this on an actual site.

We had a portion of this conversation in the shoutbox, its my content, i license it and release it how i like, the only person I've ever seen moan about product licensing on this forum is yourself, ever. Half of the stuff you commented is so irrelevant its hilarious, why would i send a DMCA to someone that is using my work? It would probably cause more trouble than its worth. It seems you only post comments like these about licenses because you want put yourself above others and come across as someone that knows what he's on about.

How did i not give them consent? I'm pretty much giving everyone consent to use my content as soon as i post that download link in the thread.
Everything that I said was in a legal sense. You claim to be releasing this [to the public], but yet you claim all rights to it.

I don't know why you would send a DMCA to someone who was using your work, I only stated that you could.

I was not trying to put myself above you in any way, and I apologize if I sounded that way. If you choose not to include a license, it's your choice. I was only trying to help, however it seems that you don't want it, so I won't post in this thread anymore.

VaginaMuncher

Chilling with me bitch Fiona
Mar 17, 2013
Everything that I said was in a legal sense. You claim to be releasing this [to the public], but yet you claim all rights to it.

I don't know why you would send a DMCA to someone who was using your work, I only stated that you could.

I was not trying to put myself above you in any way, and I apologize if I sounded that way. If you choose not to include a license, it's your choice. I was only trying to help, however it seems that you don't want it, so I won't post in this thread anymore.
Honestly I don't think he gives a fuck.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013

Why would he need to Have a DMCA Notice to someone? Its free,
If he wanted to have profit, he could of sold it and then send a dmca to those who got it for free without his permission.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I am now using this template and it has been very, very easy to configure and use, the CSS was understandable for someone who's not really good on web design, so that is a huge plus from me.

I noticed that if you tried to link the button on the plans part of the HTML it wouldn't work in a form to a WHMCS product it would redirect it straight to cart.php, a quick fix is to remove the <form> tag and replace with <a> </a> with a hyperlink to your cart link instead. This must be a bug as you cannot submit a form to a WHMCS product link.

I don't see myself changing layouts anytime soon, not to mention it being free was also very generous.

Users who are viewing this thread