need a cms that works on linux vps

gochad

Lacrim
Feb 9, 2019
Hey there could someone please link me a cms that will work on ubuntu
ive been looking for a while braincms doesent work on ubuntu so i need a cms that does work on linux os

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
Hey there could someone please link me a cms that will work on ubuntu
ive been looking for a while braincms doesent work on ubuntu so i need a cms that does work on linux os

Hello,

I've been out of the technical side of retros since 2011 but from what I can recall you could use Wine or another emulator to run Windows-based applications. I assume it's the included emulator of BrainCMS that fails to run in Ubuntu?

Thanks.

gochad

Lacrim
Feb 9, 2019
BrainCMS should work fine on Linux, you need to install a webserver like NGINX.
oh well im running apache2 and mysql 5.6 or 5.7 and php 7 and it wont load in properly could u send me the commands?
Post automatically merged:

oh well im running apache2 and mysql 5.6 or 5.7 and php 7 and it wont load in properly could u send me the commands?
the commands for installing nginx bcs last time it went wrong with nginx xD
Post automatically merged:

Hello,

I've been out of the technical side of retros since 2011 but from what I can recall you could use Wine or another emulator to run Windows-based applications. I assume it's the included emulator of BrainCMS that fails to run in Ubuntu?

Thanks.
no need for any other emus i got arcturus and everything for it all i need is how to setup the server propeerly for the retro bcs ive always hosted on windows but i have to host on ubuntu now

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
In your SSH type

php -i

this will show you the location of your php configuration file
edit that using an editor such as nano, and look for error_reporting, it wll be showing as off as default, turn this on, save the file and restart your apache, you may then see what is causing the issues you are facing.

Users who are viewing this thread