myBoBBa :: Create your Experience

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
We've just dropped a new Distraction & Diversion!

You must be registered for see images attach

Canary National Park: Hunting & Fishing Resort
As a part of the re-model of BoBBa City, and how we incorporate it into every-day gameplay, we are excited to introduce you all to the hotels newest Distraction & Diversion, Hunting & Fishing, in Canary National Park!

The introduction of this new Distraction and Diversion brings a fresh take on BoBBa City, and the bi-weekly Gamer of The Week competition.

Alpine Falls

The introduction of Hunting & Fishing brings a new block to BoBBa City- Alpine Falls, located deep in Canary National Park. Alpine Falls houses several homes, available on the real-estate market, as well as Outdoor World, as well as the Pendergrass Flea Market- our newest Event Hub challenge (viewable by clicking the joystick icon underneath the level box).

Outdoor World

Outdoor World plays a crucial part in your hunting expedition- this is where you will purchase your weapon to hunt animals with. The weapon will cost you 10,000 Duckets. As per city law, users may only possess one fire arm.

Outdoor World is also home to the Shooting Range(coming soon), an area players can practice on targets while earning Scoreboard Points in The Hub, while simultaneously completing achievements listed in the Events Hub for bonus rewards.

New Furni Line!

With the launch of Outdoor World, and the Hunting and Fishing Distraction & Diversion comes a brand new furniture line, designed by our very own Lana!

Get your hands on the items you see in Outdoor World and let the redneck in you shine!

Purchasing a Gun
Owning a gun is an essential part in having the ability to hunt the animals of Canary National Park. Before getting started, be sure to visit Outdoor World in Alpine Falls to get started, otherwise you will only be able to fish at the Hunting Grounds.

When you've arrived, visit one of the sales clerks and they will guide you through the process of purchasing a weapon.

You may choose one of eight different weapons, which can be changed out at any time.

To view a weapon, execute the command :viewgun name - for example :viewgun MAC10

Do you like the gun you've got equipped? execute the :buy command, and 10,000 Duckets will be removed from your balance automatically. Should to choose to swap your gun at any time, you will be subject to the 10,000 Ducket fee again.

Canary National Park: Hunting Grounds

While Alpine Falls does have two fishing locations, the main area for the Hunting & Fishing Distraction and Diversion is located on the Hunting Grounds of Canary National Park. Follow signs just outside of Outdoor World to find the spot.

Inside you'll fine a pristine waterway that leads to Alpine Falls, with an abundance of fish to catch, as well as wild life to hunt!

In doubt? Double click the information board for a better understanding of how this Distraction & Diversion works.

Fishing
is simple- double click a fishing rod, or walk on the red exclamation mark in front of the rod. Whenever ready, simply double click your fishing rod, then one of the spawning fish! You must do this for every fish you wish to catch. A successful catch is indicated by a brief ‘thumbs up’ above your head, as well as 1 point on the scoreboard in the room, as well as in The Hub.

Hunting is fun- but first, you must own a gun! Visit Outdoor World in Alpine Falls to purchase your gun. Once owned, on the Hunting Grounds, execute the :arm command… then, double click on an animal to shoot it! You must do this for every animal you are attempting to shoot… every animal successfully shot is indicated by a brief ‘thumps up’ above your head, as well as 1 point on the scoreboard in the room, as well as in The Hub.

Achievements & Task List

The release of the Hunting and Fishing Distraction & Diversion brings along with it four new achievements, and Achievement Task Lists to complete to earn additional rewards. Climb your way to the top, all while getting the satisfaction of earning your wealth by participating in the hotel!

Deer Hunting
This achievement is earned during hunting, for shooting deer while on the official Hunting Grounds of BoBBa City. To complete this 15 level achievement in full, you must hunt a total of 2,000 deer.

Vermin Hunting
This achievement is earned during hunting, for shooting small creatures and birds while on the official Hunting Grounds of BoBBa City. To complete this 15 level achievement in full, you must hunt a total of 2,000 small creatures.

Bear Hunter (COMING SOON)
This achievement is earned by hunting and slaying the bear, who can be found in his cave at the creek on the official Hunting Grounds of BoBBa City. To complete this 10 level achievement in full, you must hunt and slay a total of 800 bears.

Fishing

This achievement is is earned and completed by catching fish off the docks while on the official Hunting Grounds of BoBBa City. To complete this 15 level achievement, you must catch a total of 8,000 fish!

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Haven't been in the retro scene in years but looks like you guys put a load of work into this.
Pretty cool, cheers goodluck

Liam

Fly and mighty
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Thread cleaned. If you're going to make accusations, please post proof to back up your claims, otherwise, go argue somewhere else.

cammy

May 15, 2014
Amazing work and effort has been put into myBobba, I've come on and had a look at the farming and fishing (I didn't have enough duckets to try hunting). It sounds and looks amazing on the surface but I was personally disappointed.

I'm sure there's an absolute ton more to do on the hotel (I love all the games you've got!) but these are the things which personally interest me... so that's all I tried.

Farming
This went right over my head, I had no idea what I was doing. Do I just water the crops and get an achievement? Do the crops grow after I water the patch?
I tried collecting the berries and got 2 of each but had no idea what to do next. Where are the crops I collected?
I feel as thought this could be worked on massively even if it is only wired. It would be awesome to actually grow the crops by watering them, then harvesting them, then be able to sell them or even bake a pie or cake! (This is all possible with wired).

Fishing - This extremely lacklustre, and rather annoying (just keep clicking, just keep clicking). Double click the fishing rod, then double click a fish, get achievement.
Maybe add a mini game catching the fish, a possibility of it getting free. It would be awesome to have many different fish to catch, and again actually getting the fish if you catch it. You could make items to display them in cases or sell them.

But again, amazing work on myBobba, there has been an absolute ton of time spent on this and you can tell. Awesome hotel!

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Funny you mention farming- it was wired about 2 years ago now, that is next thing to re-work (we just finished the Carnival re-work as well). At the time of making the farming simulation we did not have half the wired we have today so it can definitely be improved upon. Farming does come with instructions, there is an in-room command and a notice when you enter about it, but we've since added over 30 new wireds to help us up the production value of our creations. Unfortunately making crops 'grow' and such is one of those things that would use so much wired it'd affect the room performance with so many working parts going at once.

We do have plans, once the interior for Pendergrass Flea Market is done in Alpine Falls, to host a place to 'sell' your goods (fish, wheat, etc) as I have thoroughly thought through the process and believe thatd be something easy to make.

All instructions in future will be displayed as an alert like this:

Distractions & Diversions are mostly just click tasks to begin with. Throw some achievements in there, and some rewards, and you have a whole community of people engaged in your content. I've always wanted it to be more of an earn-your-way type of hotel so we will always be working to improve these things and make more!

While I like your suggestions, some of these just aren't actually possible with wired (I have been wiring for years, there are still limitations esp in Arc right now, and it wont matter how much custom wired you have), and others would use so much Wired it'd affect performance in the room itself, though Im not opposed to adding a chance to lose a fish, that sounds like a good idea actually. We also plan to add more fishing spots along some water ways once we've had some time to observe the use of this as this is still a new release so we're looking for user feedback and bug reports at this point.

The whole ideas of these are tedious, mind numbing asks to further earn your way in the economy, earn a name for yourself with the achievements you're completing for them, and competition for the Gamer of The Week competition, as each point earned is sent back to our homeroom scoreboard via Signal wired. It is essentially busy work, people really enjoy the concept from what I've seen so far and I cant wait to make it better!

Users who are viewing this thread