My Coronavirus Diary!

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
Just for those who are generally curious about how and where my symptoms started and where they seem to be heading.

Alongside all the showers and toilet breaks, I have to disinfect the bathroom everytime I use it which reaaaaaally doesn't help with the breathing issues when you gotta clean everything. I also haven't spoken to anyone in person for the past 4 days which is really shitty for my mental health so I'm feeling very lacklustre at the mo. Meals have to be left outside my door and if I need anything (to save myself from actually using too much energy/breath) I have to text the family to fetch me it.

14/05/2020 - Took the home test on this day at 9pm the day before sending them off, wasn't feeling any symptoms but was rather 'mucusy', had to clear my throat every 4 or 5 hours and nothing was shouting at me that would suggest I had the virus. Eating, drinking and sleeping like usual.

15/05/2020 - Started having a mild mucus cough, coughing once or twice every hour however at this point, regarding the fact a relative already had the virus in hospital, I already had a slight suspicion that I may have the virus due to the new cough. Eating, drinking and sleeping like usual.

16/05/2020 - Felt extremely tired on this day, just wanted to sleep. Also felt very achey. Cough was still there. Received the positive test result at about 2pm that day. Later went to bed however couldn't sleep, was extremely breathless like someone was sitting on my chest. I generally wanted to call the up an ambulance this night because my breathing was so so bad but in the end I fell asleep for a couple of hours and I woke up and it completely subsided, breathing was back to normal. Eating and drinking like usual.

Picture for reference for test result;
You must be registered for see images attach

17/05/2020 - Was feeling okay, fairly normal. Could make my bed as per usual, had a shower and still felt normal, no breathlessness. Fell asleep a little while later and woke up sweating due to a temperature which was up at 37.8 but got a little cooler later. Nose felt extremely congested, couldn't breath through it at all. Didn't want to eat anything but forced myself too to keep up energy levels and couldn't taste anything either. Still drinking like usual however, no breathing difficulties. Slept okay through the night despite waking up on one occasion.

18/05/2020 - Feeling extremely tired, have still managed to do some of the usual things. like have a shower and make the bed but due to severe congestion, finding it really hard to breath properl and my chest feels a little tight. Still eating and drinking like usual, but find there isn't any taste at all. Still have a mucus cough but no temperature today.

19/05/2020 - Still a fairly productive cough, nose isn't so congested anymore, feeling a little brighter but still very achey (This could be due to being locked in the 4 walls I was told to stay in) Got a message from the NHS again, wayhey! Still eating, drinking and managed to get a good nights sleep so fingers crossed.:) Shower really took it out of me, was alright at first but 10 minutes in, I really needed to get out to get my breath back. The process of this virus has me feeling like I get better one minute and then all of a sudden it gets worse again.

Picture of new NHS text;

You must be registered for see images attach

20/05/2020 - So, today actually feels extremely normal? Minus the cough and the difficulty breathing when moving around and breathing in deeply. Should be getting somewhere now hopefully! Only a couple days left of my initial isolation to go. Work has said to stay off another week to hopefully get rid of any overhanging symptoms (which means a week of actually enjoying myself and celebrating feeling human again. The bottle of vodka awaits!)

21/05/2020 - Checked my temp in the morning and it went down to 33 degrees, which is below Hypothermia level. Felt a little shaky and tingly. Had a shower but it was still pretty low (bouncing between 33 - 34.5) however got to the afternoon and temp started to go up so about 11ish it got to about 35.5 and continued going up. Temp stayed at around 36.3 the rest of the day. Feeling quite tired and frustrated. Ordered the tests which should be here by the weekend.

22/05/2020 - No symptoms today other than the cough which they say will list a while but just generally getting bored and fed up of being in a room. Everything seems extremely normal, no problems breathing just waiting on the tests now.

23/05/2020 - Tests arrived this morning so will be doing them tonight and with abit of luck (hopefully it still doesn't show as positive) I'll be out of isolation by Tuesday.

I'll update it as the days go.

Last edited:

Pollak

Oct 12, 2017
I wish you the best and that you can recover soon! You will go through this, be a warrior and have faith.

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
I wish you the best and that you can recover soon! You will go through this, be a warrior and have faith.

I really hope so, I was generally considering calling 999 the other night when I was struggling with the breathing but luckily I fell asleep and it subsided by the morning.

Pollak

Oct 12, 2017
I really hope so, I was generally considering calling 999 the other night when I was struggling with the breathing but luckily I fell asleep and it subsided by the morning.
The best thing is when something like this happens, you call because it is not always good to postpone something like this. If you feel worse or call and ask for help or recommendations. The improvements!

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
The best thing is when something like this happens, you call because it is not always good to postpone something like this. If you feel worse or call and ask for help or recommendations. The improvements!

Yeah, that's true. My Mum knows me too well though. I'm one of those people who leaves everything to the last minute. Aha.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
it's awful isn't it i had all symptoms and was really ill in March, all except for trouble breathing and had to have 3 weeks off work, i hope you get well soon love x

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
it's awful isn't it i had all symptoms and was really ill in March, all except for trouble breathing and had to have 3 weeks off work, i hope you get well soon love x

Thank you, sweet! x It's really quite shit, tbh. My mental health is slowly going down the pan but I know that eventually I'll be fine. I've been very tearful and emotional recently and I think that's the lack of everything really. The frustration of not being able to anything myself and not being able to talk face to face to anyone.

Last edited:

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
Hi,
Hope you get well soon and fight through this! My father had it 4 weeks ago and it was horrible, but he managed to pull through. Putting you in my prayers ❤️

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
Hi,
Hope you get well soon and fight through this! My father had it 4 weeks ago and it was horrible, but he managed to pull through. Putting you in my prayers ❤️

Thank you very much! <3 I'm glad your Dad is okay, it's an awful virus. I'm finding it hard to even concentrate now, just so exhausted.

yoyok

Apr 24, 2013
Hope you don't die because you are so YOUNG and the death rate for young people with Corona virus must be 90%...

you know everyone who have the seasonly flu have all the symptons what you described in your diary..

Come on, what is this for topic?
If you are really that sick, you would not have / be able to made this thread.

Shxrty

Shorty#1960
Mar 31, 2018
Hope your doing well and feel better!!
Hope you don't die because you are so YOUNG and the death rate for young people with Corona virus must be 90%...

you know everyone who have the seasonly flu have all the symptons what you described in your diary..

Most people are so addicted to retros that they still wanna communicate with the community and tell them about there life and whats going on, what if shes not faking it and its actually true? smh.

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012

You really are a very opinionated person.
You don't have to read it nor comment on it, it's strictly for those who were/are interested as states and besides, it doesn't take alot of energy to type this up.
Post automatically merged:

Hope your doing well and feel better!!

Starting to feel better, yes. The first few days weren't too good. I actually started typing this up on 18th (When I started improving) to actually add perspective to the comment before.

Last edited:

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I’ve certain views on corona for example I still do whatever I want / drink with / meet whenever I want it don’t bother me

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Crazy that they allow you to stop isolating even with a cough as long as your fever is down. Here that's against the law!

Users who are viewing this thread