[MVC|Python|WSGI] Project Trinity: Python-based Habbo CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
After a long period of brain storming, i've made my mind on what i'd like to do as my last habbo project. gHabbo was great and all, but i got bored of the php and wanted to try something different.
gHabbo is now continued as prj Trinity and i've already re-written everything (mostly) from gHabbo to Trinity in Python.

FlXTUkT.png&hash=57eaa134a805a2ea2f8308e312ded770
Objective of Trinity
To write a completely secure content management system for habbo emulation. However, instead of writing trinity in php, this cms will be written in python. Trinity should be as noob friendly as possible, lightweight, clean, and fully documented for any user that wishes to modify the code. While giving the user the option to manage trinity's code easily, Trinity should also provide easy content management through it's own admin panel. This will be my final habbo project.

Main Technologies

• Python 2.7 (General code base)
  • Gevent WSGI (Server that allows python to create a live environment on the web)
  • Flask Web(Python module)
(Everything below this section will be updated frequently)
Trinity has been released:
IMPORTANT

Okay, so here's trinity's bug log:
Code:
- SQL queries are not sanitized, sql injection is a threat.
- Unnecessarily using the .get() method, inefficient way to check user sessions.
- Unnecessarily calling {{request.args.get('username')}} when i could easily use {{ username }}

Thanks to @Sway for looking over the code, since he's been using python well over 5 years.

Be VERY carefull if you're using this for production, sanitize the form data correctly. I sanitized XSS, but never got around sanitizing SQL special characters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Modules
  • Passlib (Password hashing module for python)
  • MySQLdb (Database driver module for python, Not third party)
  • Flask Web (Web framework module for python)
  • Jinja (Template module for python, Comes with Flask)

Trinity's Features

• Smart forms and error filtering
    5vbcxtt.png
  • Easy and clean templating
    ZAMcHUW.png
  • Self installation
    flXrnBM.png
  • User profiles
    93JyXFl.png

Screenshots
Trinity's WSGI server & console

a28sgLL.png

XgiuWBV.png

Z1GBIm7.gif

8E1ofUv.gif

Vr5izRW.png

more to come, stay tuned.

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Just go to and see what themes look good to you @griimnak
Nice to see this project happening, and hopefully you can fix the mistakes that happened within gHabbo's code. (I found a number of problems such as the installer did not run proper .sql's, registration errors (Yeah, I had salt in the database). But, I'm sure with your experience within Python everything will run perfectly

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
@griimnak I think the VUE skin should be ported, its pretty amazing I used it myself.
Or just a old habbo skin...
Thanks, please provide links to the thread or whatever.
Just go to and see what themes look good to you @griimnak
Nice to see this project happening, and hopefully you can fix the mistakes that happened within gHabbo's code. (I found a number of problems such as the installer did not run proper .sql's, registration errors (Yeah, I had salt in the database). But, I'm sure with your experience within Python everything will run perfectly
Yeah gHabbo was at such a messy state that I didn't even wanna touch it anymore. Plus, my original idea was to write a python based cms but i never got to it beacuse problems setting up mod_python / wsgi. Thanks for that link by the way, i'll take a look at it.

Here's a look at trinity's installer;
jozqzit.png

WWHSWCZ.gif

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Thanks, please provide links to the thread or whatever.

Yeah gHabbo was at such a messy state that I didn't even wanna touch it anymore. Plus, my original idea was to write a python based cms but i never got to it beacuse problems setting up mod_python / wsgi. Thanks for that link by the way, i'll take a look at it.

Here's a look at trinity's installer;
jozqzit.png

WWHSWCZ.gif
I love how the installer runs on the console, makes things a lot more secure :p

Lame

Nov 6, 2014
I have confidence in your abilities and this project. Although, to me, it seems you're going with Python just to be different which I can't tell is good or bad. Nevertheless, promising project, good luck.

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
I have confidence in your abilities and this project. Although, to me, it seems you're going with Python just to be different which I can't tell is good or bad. Nevertheless, promising project, good luck.
Thanks. And yeah, python's different but i have some experience with it already from the past. It makes a mean website, man. Don't be fooled, this shit is faster then most php cms out there.
Goodluck with this Brah!
Thanks, man.

Here's a look at trinity's current development state as of now;
Everything from ghabbo has been ported successfully, so that's good..

A basic overview of how pages are handled:
0WiTdJ5.png

c5c6Z81.png

printing userdata into the template;
9WHnoA2.png

I'm now starting some functionality that wasn't in gHabbo since i'm done porting the pages over to trinity.
1noxBj1.png

Vmb1H6X.png

cheers

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Python's speed is also based on how it's coded and what code decompiler you use because of the coding structure while PHP can also be made extremely fast in the proper environment and coding style. Also, don't forget to filter out any POST or GET variables, not sure if you're doing so at the moment, but just an extra tip

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
Python's speed is also based on how it's coded and what code decompiler you use because of the coding structure while PHP can also be made extremely fast in the proper environment and coding style. Also, don't forget to filter out any POST or GET variables, not sure if you're doing so at the moment, but just an extra tip
Honestly i don't even know how you sanitize post/gets in python but i'll get around it.. sometime.. :rasta:

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
Good luck with this, Looks absolutely amazing!
Thanks man, cheers

The project's VPS was unfortunately sold by Kyle. The VPS was free anyways so i'm not complaining
Dedicated project site is up:
( )

Much love to @WCKD for supplying the project with a stable vps and domain!

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2014
Thanks man, cheers

Dedicated project site is up:
( )

Much love to @WCKD for supplying the project with a stable vps!
Registered as Reize. I really like the Style and all.

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
Open that quote
got ya, cunt :)

Progression has been slow, i've been lazy.
However i'm currently integrating MVC architecture to Trinity.

• What is MVC architecture?
    MVC (Model View Controller) is a development setup that allows organization in your application. It's also considered the more "Object Oriented" way of doing things.
    WNUxZhw.png

3mOFTsk.png

Apparently the way i was originaly writing trinity is considered "bad practice", so this MVC integration should do well for the project and myself. cheers

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Thanks. And yeah, python's different but i have some experience with it already from the past. It makes a mean website, man. Don't be fooled, this shit is faster then most php cms out there.

Thanks, man.

Here's a look at trinity's current development state as of now;
Everything from ghabbo has been ported successfully, so that's good..

A basic overview of how pages are handled:
0WiTdJ5.png

c5c6Z81.png

printing userdata into the template;
9WHnoA2.png

I'm now starting some functionality that wasn't in gHabbo since i'm done porting the pages over to trinity.
1noxBj1.png

Vmb1H6X.png

cheers
Sexy, what IDE is that?

Also, I could give you a lesson or 2 on another style of architecture when dealing with about any type of server and can elegantly handle hundreds of thousands of requests in a matter nanoseconds. Although this method is for the pros.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread