MoonPHPi - Development - Brand new CMS in OOP PHP & MySQLi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
Hello DevBest!

I have been working with programming for about 1.5 years now and I have mainly worked with Habbo Retros. But thats just how I started, now when I have all the knowledge I might need I still wanted to create something new to the people, something they might have a good use of.

So I have started on my new project (CMS) called MoonPHPi and I will keep updating the CMS in the future.
The CMS is currently in Swedish while I am programming the first release but there will be a language system where you can choose between English & Swedish and later maybe some other languages. You will also be able to change the standard language through the config file.

Database & Emulator compitable:
  • Phoenix 3.11.0
  • SwiftEMU
This with custom SQL's that will be linked when first release is here.

Little information about MoonPHPi and coming updates:

• Fresh design, comfortable for the eyes.
  • MySQLi & OOP PHP
  • Fast engine
  • structured, and user friendly
  • Easy to create multiply designs
  • Language system
  • guestbook in home with pagination
  • secure and modern
  • using cookies to not overload the database
This is some of the stuff thats implemented in this CMS and I may have forgot something but I will be updating this thread along.
Whats coming next:
  • Send friend requests through website + manage friends
  • Send shells, coins, pixels through website using 4 numbered pin
  • Security regarding ranks, ex: using pin in client before accessing when accessing from another unknown computer.
  • Private Messages
  • Advanced HK, all you need will be there, also very secure and for extra security using 4 numbered pin.
That is what I can come up with right now. The CMS has a config file which is very easy to use, you can for example in config file determine whether you should have a registration limit, how many accounts per IP when limit activated, web build, style etc.

Print screens:

Index:

Me:
Me bottom:

Home:
Home bottom:

Settings:

Map Structure:

Code Snippet:

Code Snippet:

Because of school I will be updating randomly but still inside the time frame.

Background information about me:

I have been programming for 1.5 years almost (started May, 2012). I have mainly been programming in PHP and the basic languages coming along like HTML5 / CSS3 / A little bit of JS mainly jQuery and AJAX. I am also programming in Java and C#. I wanted to start this developement since I read the documentation and saw errors about MySQL will get removed and that the ones using MySQL should change to MySQLi or PDO. In my opinion MySQLi is much faster and a bit better, and not as confusing as PDO. But that is something you have to determine for yourself.

I have never released something or developed something for the people before so I thought that since I have been programming a lot for my own, I could do something I think is a fun thing to do but also which can be used by many people who wants a retro. I was tired by all the renames so I decided to make my own CMS from scratch, in my taste, and where I know EXACTLY what I am doing. I also see this as a chance to improve my programming skills, and at the same time helping others out.

If you have any ideas of something you want the CMS to have, just PM me or comment below.

Thanks for reading! And I hope you will enjoy as much I am going to!

Zaka

Last edited:

Expiry

Anarchist
Apr 25, 2013
It looks good but I'd never use it. Just not a fan of a CMS that isn't habbo themed. Although thats kinda way over-used. I hope to see you finish this, and not just have the thread be closed.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
It looks good but I'd never use it. Just not a fan of a CMS that isn't habbo themed. Although thats kinda way over-used. I hope to see you finish this, and not just have the thread be closed.
No I will finish this, and the design is everything about taste, I didn't want to have a specific "Habbo Theme", I wanted just to have a light and comfortable design. It says in the first post that you can easily make your own themes and implement them :) since the cms has everything needed for that.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
Alright, started with the friend request system on the site, but there are a lot to do, not only to mention that I have to consider everything so that it wont collide with the emu. Right now you can send a friend request, but the system is still far away from ready to work properly. Found some bug's that I will fix in these days. Also I have made a basic "send credits" system but without a design or something like that, need to implement it to the cms, but first fix the security using pin.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Alright, started with the friend request system on the site, but there are a lot to do, not only to mention that I have to consider everything so that it wont collide with the emu. Right now you can send a friend request, but the system is still far away from ready to work properly. Found some bug's that I will fix in these days. Also I have made a basic "send credits" system but without a design or something like that, need to implement it to the cms, but first fix the security using pin.
If you set up a git repo or svn repo The community can help with bug fix's and the project,
Don't worry about people stealing code because the community knows who is the original

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
If you set up a git repo or svn repo The community can help with bug fix's and the project,
Don't worry about people stealing code because the community knows who is the original
Well, I would like to do this myself like I said earlier because then I know exactly what I have in my code. Later on I could do that.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
Alright
  • Settings updated (you can activate / deactivate guestbook, people will still be able to read what others have written before deactivated guestbook.)
  • Settings updated (You can prevent others from accessing your profile with an option in settings.)
  • Register has been modified a bit and bugfixed.
Whats coming up next
  • News, with comment system + able to like others comments, maybe also quote others or refer to them.
  • Staff page
  • Communtiy, thats gonna be something fun, I have plenty of ideas of what to do with the community part.
  • Private Messaging

Thats something I think of right now.

Stallone

[◣_◢]
Feb 4, 2012
Looking forward to this!

See many CMS' created but not finished. (Me)

Seems like you're going for it.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
Looking forward to this!

See many CMS' created but not finished. (Me)

Seems like you're going for it.
Yeah I am going to finish this, I always get new ideas so I think the CMS will always be developed. Right now I am making the v1. Later on I might get new ideas and keep updating on the CMS.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
Hello again!

I have some updates, not so much for now because of school, but it's something, and I will represent some of my ideas, in the next post I will be posting new screenshots from the updated content.

Alright, I had been wondering for a while how to make the staff page, I've seen some versions where they have it all divided in their own divs, and where they are like lying down. But I made the choice of making a proper list, where we have the admins at the top, and the eXperts at the bottom, I will improve the settings for the staff page, so that you will be able to easy set the minimum rank to be showed in the staff page, also I will make it possible through database to set the colors of for example admins so they have their names in red etc. and then later on they will be able to change the color through the HK.

I have also been thinking about a rankingsystem for the staff, I don't know if it is a good idea but I can implement it and make it an option to easily change. But my idea was to make it possible for players to VOTE ONCE thumbs up / down to make it able for you to see what players actually think about your crew. The results though would only be availiable in the HK for the owner to see. Otherwise it would end up in other complainings.

Expiry

Anarchist
Apr 25, 2013
The voting thing would be a sick feature. I highly recommend you find a way to do that. I hope you make it easily editable somewhat like Rev is. Good luck.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
The voting thing would be a sick feature. I highly recommend you find a way to do that. I hope you make it easily editable somewhat like Rev is. Good luck.
What do you mean by easily editable? Do you mean the design or what?

Expiry

Anarchist
Apr 25, 2013
What do you mean by easily editable? Do you mean the design or what?

Just if you wanna change anything. Anything on the /me page would be under me.php, and all the coding is there, and not split into other files like uber and other cms's. As well as the images, they're under a folder called images, and they're all named with easy to understand names.

Also, you should change some colors/images. I don't think they go well together.

Timothy

Kylie Jenner
Sep 25, 2013
I really do not like the blue color. Seems very bright. I rather have it like a darker color. :/ My eyes. But very good 8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread