Monitor Help [Urgent]

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
This happened last night for some reason and its been stuck like this even after attempting to update my graphical drivers.

Basically i'm stuck on a display of 1280x1024 when my monitor is 1920x1080. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? I've tried tons but had no luck.

@Macemore

My settings:

g1__E_XUQWqmTpWbxXA6kQ.png

@TesoMayn

Last edited:

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
i have a AMD gpu. :/
Oh damn. Generally its a really nice tool, because it will detect the specs on your machine and show you exactly what settings are the recommended for a game and the current settings that you have, then you can choose to automatically let the application do it on every game.
Then there's the latest graphic drivers by Nvidia etc.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Yes i've tried uninstalling + deleting software then installing the latest drivers. Still didn't work.

BYf-vaXRRaqQRUeg6NZLfQ.png
Here's 2 ways do it from what they've done to fix this when their resolution were stuck too.

Restart machine one or two times

or

Code:
Right-Click Desktop
Display Settings
Advanced Display Settings
Display Adapter Properties
Click "List All Modes"
Scroll through the resolutions until you find the one you want and double-click it. Than hit OK and Apply.

Hope it is of some use.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Simply grab the latest driver for you card, which should be:

HD 3000 is very outdated though, even the driver only supports up to Windows 8.1 consider updating to something cheap and modern.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
This might sound retarded, but if you're using a vga/dvi try re plugging it.
For some reason, the first time i plug my tv into my igpu for use as second monitor, the max res is 1360x768.. But then when i re-connect it, it's magically 1920x1080. idk :rasta:

EDIT:
Oh, if this is a laptop you should go ahead and;
Upgrade Bios
Upgrade 3000 driver, maybe grab catalyst control center.

I think this might be of some use to you aswell:
"The Radeon 3000 graphics are quite old, and do not meet the minimum requirements for Windows 10. There are avilable drivers from Microsoft that will provide basic web surfing...these must be obtained through Windows Update.

The following Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products support up to WDDM 1.1 and DirectX® 10.1:
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

These graphics products must be installed using display driver version: 8.970.100.9001. This driver is provided as a courtesy and only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

NOTE: ATI Radeon™ HD 4000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics reached peak performance optimization on October, 2013. No additional driver releases are planned for these products.

"

Apparently, windows update should have you covered.
Try uninstalling all amd shit, then have windows install it via windows update.

Last edited:

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
This might sound retarded, but if you're using a vga/dvi try re plugging it.
For some reason, the first time i plug my tv into my igpu for use as second monitor, the max res is 1360x768.. But then when i re-connect it, it's magically 1920x1080. idk :rasta:

EDIT:
Oh, if this is a laptop you should go ahead and;
Upgrade Bios
Upgrade 3000 driver, maybe grab catalyst control center.

I think this might be of some use to you aswell:
"The Radeon 3000 graphics are quite old, and do not meet the minimum requirements for Windows 10. There are avilable drivers from Microsoft that will provide basic web surfing...these must be obtained through Windows Update.

The following Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products support up to WDDM 1.1 and DirectX® 10.1:
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

These graphics products must be installed using display driver version: 8.970.100.9001. This driver is provided as a courtesy and only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

NOTE: ATI Radeon™ HD 4000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics reached peak performance optimization on October, 2013. No additional driver releases are planned for these products.

"

Apparently, windows update should have you covered.
Try uninstalling all amd shit, then have windows install it via windows update.
update, it said all drivers had been updated but not the bus one. so i updated that then unistalled all nd updated again. Now i have the 1920x1080 option but it isn't that size... when i click it, it gives me 1919x1039.

so basically my screen is centered but i have black border around my pc. monitor. I looked if it was the settings on the monitor but it isn't.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
update so found out that my cpu gone bust cus i overclocked it like a year ago. Just purchased a new cpu and gfx card tho on a little budget.

jHhAiheaT5arJz6zQwCd6A.png

shame i was only resorted to amd, my motherboard only supports amd crap lool.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
update so found out that my cpu gone bust cus i overclocked it like a year ago. Just purchased a new cpu and gfx card tho on a little budget.

jHhAiheaT5arJz6zQwCd6A.png

shame i was only resorted to amd, my motherboard only supports amd crap lool.
Why the fx you should of went with an r3. But then again, you'd need ddr4 ram and new board

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
Why the fx you should of went with an r3. But then again, you'd need ddr4 ram and new board
yeah sadly my board is the shittest ever. I hated it when i first purchased a pre-built pc. Imma just save up to make a custom pc.

update: I purchased a budget gfx card nd processor nd now its all fully working again. My CPU is a AMD 8350 and GFX is Geforce gtx 1050 ti oc edition.

Users who are viewing this thread