Modding Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
More gaming less Habbo.

Hey guys, I was wondering last night on what could make Devbest better. The reason I left for so long was because nothing was driving me to come back, I lost my interest in Habbo. I wasn't staff anymore. The only way you can get a decent discussion was on the shoutbox.

I think the majority of users don't really use Habbo anymore and seeing as Habbo is the number one discussion forum. Without Habbo I think Devbest would just be a general discussion forum. Seeing as it's a gamers & developers forum why not add more sections in sense of modding. More MMORPG, custom releases.

Invite modders by opening some carefully selected sections, for (GTA V which there is a massive online community base. LSPD;FR for example). We have COD mods.

Maybe add some features to invite more gamers such as allowing youtubers to attach their channels on their profiles. More medals to give people a chance to unlock and achieve. Specially for those who contribute towards modding and release their own scripts, AI, versions, patches.

Only thing I see being discussed here is Habbo or random debates, there is no interesting game debates here because it's not invited. Half of the users are not really posting like they use to.

Last edited:

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Those things would only actually work if there's already a userbase around stuff like that. Otherwise the empty sections would only discourage them from posting their stuff over here, as it would seem like a waste of time. Also there's no way for us to gain such users, as we have no channels into such communities and getting in between the existing communities would be nearly impossible.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Devbest never had a userbase. No forum has a userbase to start off with. It's adding forums what channels people from search engines, word of mouth. Simple SEO techniques. Yes Devbest did have a head start with thehabbos.org but that's nothing to what it has now. I can remember when everyone was helping to post to get more members to join.

Users who like the content will come. It's shame you feel like it'll be a waste of time and continue to support the Habbo section. If users just say "nah waste of time" then it'll never expand and just die with Habbo. Learn to adapt.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Devbest never had a userbase. No forum has a userbase to start off with. It's adding forums what channels people from search engines, word of mouth. Simple SEO techniques. Yes Devbest did have a head start with thehabbos.org but that's nothing to what it has now. I can remember when everyone was helping to post to get more members to join.

Users who like the content will come. It's shame you feel like it'll be a waste of time and continue to support the Habbo section. If users just say "nah waste of time" then it'll never expand and just die with Habbo. Learn to adapt.
Before you even say something as cocky as learn to adapt, I'm not saying I'm not for expanding our userbase by focussing somewhere else, I'm looking at it from a logical and technical point of view. There are no "Simple SEO techniques", and we have no modding content to be indexed nor members who are active in those communities.

Stop assuming. Never I said anything about Habbo in here either. If you don't respond normally to feedback, don't create these threads. You're acting like a child.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I think this could work, obviously it helps to have a little head start from users who are already in these sections but allowing users to look into multiple sections could influence a whole range of techniques and skills.

We've got a GTA section and I think it's kinda dead, I'm not sure how expanding it to modding and stuff would go since there's probably already an active forum for this game. I'm personally a fan of GTA V RP and watch it quite a lot so it could be interesting, allowing people to further update their profiles could be a good thing as well, linking multiple platforms, Twitch etc.

For me personally there's a lot of improvements we could make at DevBest, I'm not sure why a lot of things aren't done. Badges, achievements etc are all great and could be a new thing to open up areas around the forums. I've noticed a lot of people request assistance from Administrators whether it's account changes, names, password resets etc maybe that could be all looked into too.

At the moment I can see the Habbo section doing the same thing in repeat, a Help thread is opened, all the questions are answered and then 1 or 2 years later it happens over again, new people come and ask the same questions etc etc etc.

We've got a lot of users that have been here for over 6 years who regularly come online, I just don't think they come for the content or the forum but the cb.

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
i agree this could be pretty interesting if habbo died and for whatever reason bigdawg decided to off the habbo section for good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread