Mixed Content Issue "Https/Http" Error: SSLError; ssl.c:510

Sly

I don't break the rules I bend them.
Oct 28, 2016
An error I've been trying to resolve but no success, any ideas what could be causing this mixed content?
I have disclosed images below to assist further

jquery-latest.js
Code:
        // Support: Chrome 23+, Safari?
        // Target should not be a text node (#504, #13143)
        if ( event.target.nodeType === 3 ) {
            event.target = event.target.parentNode;
        }

Last edited:

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Why you want to discuss something that you clearly dont understand what does? This rewrite rule prevents people from accessing your website using port 80, and then redirects them to the desired location using HTTPS, and if the mixed content as described above, is on his website once its being included, it will get stopped by the rule and redirected using HTTPS, visit the link yourself and you'll see. Because thats how I fixed the problem myself, so dont speak of something you've never tried nor understand. Anyway there's no reason in using a SSL, if people can access your website using HTTP.

HTML:
<configuration>
<system.webServer>
<rewrite>
    <rules>
    <rule name="HTTP to HTTPS redirect" stopProcessing="true">
    <match url="(.*)" />
    <conditions>
        <add input="{HTTPS}" pattern="off" ignoreCase="true" />
    </conditions>
    <action type="Redirect" redirectType="Permanent" url="https://{HTTP_HOST}/{R:1}" />
</rule>  
    </rules>
</rewrite>
</system.webServer>
</configuration>
Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Did you not read what I wrote at all? If you visit the link, it will redirect because that is an HTTP request. If the link is being included or required in the file, then it won't rewrite.

Apache Rewrite Rules don't have any effect on include, require or file_exists as those are using paths on the server, not URLs unless you enable allow_url_fopen and .
htaccess stands for Hypertext Access: it will only affect HTTP requests, not local server requests.

This is why sites like whynopadlock.com exist

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Did you not read what I wrote at all? If you visit the link, it will redirect because that is an HTTP request. If the link is being included or required in the file, then it won't rewrite.

Apache Rewrite Rules don't have any effect on include, require or file_exists as those are using paths on the server, not URLs unless you enable allow_url_fopen and .
htaccess stands for Hypertext Access: it will only affect HTTP requests, not local server requests.

This is why sites like whynopadlock.com exist
Well mate, you're still discussing irrelevant shit. Just because you read something it might not be true, because if it was false it wouldn't work. So great researching lmfao, 'cuz what you've just pastes has got to do with other sources on different websites being handled, not sources on your own website. You gotta step up and read before commenting shit. You cant say something doesn't work without trying, and anyway there's a lot of prove that its working, so just gtfo with your ignorant attitude.

People on here like to keep discussing about stuff without having knowledge nor experience about the subject.

And you're dumb as fuck because the file doesnt get included or required using php? Its getting fucking handled through a .swf file so please stfu.

Last edited:

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Well mate, you're still discussing irrelevant shit. Just because you read something it might not be true, because if it was false it wouldn't work. So great researching lmfao, 'cuz what you've just pastes has got to do with other sources on different websites being handled, not sources on your own website. You gotta step up and read before commenting shit. You cant say something doesn't work without trying, and anyway there's a lot of prove that its working, so just gtfo with your ignorant attitude.

People on here like to keep discussing about stuff without having knowledge nor experience about the subject.

And you're dumb as fuck because the file doesnt get included or required using php? Its getting fucking handled through the Habbo.swf file, so please stfu.

- notice how it automatically redirects to https? notice how there's a mixed content error? i don't know why you're getting so angry

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
- notice how it automatically redirects to https? notice how there's a mixed content error? i don't know why you're getting so angry
Because you're acting real smart and keep commenting bullshit without any knowledge or experience man. What has that website got to do with the topic? Nothing at all, lmfao. I've just wasted multiple minutes explaining you shit, that you dont even know the slightest of...

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Because you're acting real smart and keep commenting bullshit without any knowledge or experience man.

Without trying to sound cocky, I would say I have quite a lot of experience in this particular subject. I just gave you an example and showed you your "fix" doesn't work (as I mentioned before).

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Without trying to sound cocky, I would say I have quite a lot of experience in this particular subject. I just gave you an example and showed you your "fix" doesn't work (as I mentioned before).
Sorry bro, but you're totally off, seriously, I'm outta here, because you literally dont understand shit other than the bullshit you write. You keep arguing against stuff I've never even written once. Your brain capacity must really be minimal, because my solution works on every damn retro that I've ever set up, including my own. So see ya.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Sorry bro, but you're totally off, seriously, I'm outta here, because you literally dont understand shit other than the bullshit you write. You keep arguing against stuff I've never even written once. Your brain capacity must really be minimal, because my solution works on every damn retro that I've ever set up, including my own. See ya.

I made a simple post stating rewrite rules wouldn't affect included or required files (ie - by a script). You contradicted that and I provided evidence ( ). Now you're just backpedaling. Tell me why shows a mixed content error if it's being redirected to https?

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016

I made a simple post stating rewrite rules wouldn't affect included or required files (ie - by a script). You contradicted that and I provided evidence ( ). Now you're just backpedaling. Tell me why shows a mixed content error if it's being redirected to https?
My solution simply has nothing to do with files being required or included in PHP, cant you read? You're obviously brain damaged since you change the subject. You simply cant say my solution doesn't work when it obviously does.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
It would be the same in this case as well, since the crossdomain.xml file is not being loaded through some kind of HTTP request (which would not trigger the redirect/rewrite).
Nah man, my crossdomain.xml file is being loaded through the default http request set in the .swf file, but still doesn't show a mixed content error, since the rewrite rule fixed that, so please just stfu before my brain gets more irritated by your moronic comments.

Last edited:

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Nah man, my crossdomain.xml file is being loaded through the default http request set in the .swf file, but still doesn't show a mixed content error, since the rewrite rule fixed that, so please just stfu before my brain gets more irritated by your moronic comments.

Except it's not loaded in the way you're thinking and doesn't generate an HTTP request at all:
2DFpT4o.png

You clearly have no understanding of how web servers work at all.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Except it's not loaded in the way you're thinking and doesn't generate an HTTP request at all:
2DFpT4o.png

You clearly have no understanding of how web servers work at all.
What has that to do with anything? I just stated it worked, nothing else you dipshit.
Arrogant immature kids everywhere on this forum, fucking hilarious.
But well in the end I won this argument, because it obviously is a solution, so go cry about you keeping arguing about irrelevant shit to the topic. Bye bye :)

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
What has that to do with anything? I just stated it worked, nothing else you dipshit, and I' probably got more knowledge and experience when it comes to webservers than you so, and even in arguing, because you keep commenting and arguing about irrelevant shit.

You're the one who said rewrite rules would fix a mixed content error ( ). So then why didn't it fix it here ( )?

All this name calling. I am sure your vast experience of Habbo related stuff is amazing, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
You're the one who said rewrite rules would fix a mixed content error ( ). So then why didn't it fix it here ( )?

All this name calling. I am sure your vast experience of Habbo related stuff is amazing, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
It is a fix for the subject of the problem Sly had, lmfao, else it wouldn't work for me and several else, so go cry. I never stated anything else at the beginning, nor that you're wrong, you're just bad at reading m8. Never argue or discuss if you cant figure out how to read or listen.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
It is a fix for the subject of the problem Sly had, lmfao, else it wouldn't work for me and several else, so go cry. I never stated anything else at the beginning, nor that you're wrong, you're just bad at reading m8. Never argue or discuss if you cant figure out how to read or listen.

If only @Sly could revert the correct fix that @Blasteh gave and see if your method actually works.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
If only @Sly could revert the correct fix that @Blasteh gave and see if your method actually works.
Or, you could simply just register at my hotel, connect to client and see it for yourself, you ignorant moron.
Yet your statements are still false, because if you simply load a script with a source using HTTP, you will just get that the request gets blocked. That if, your rules and SSL has been setup correctly, so instead of mixing content errors, the scripts simply get blocked.
2ADTkWo.png

Last edited:

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Or, you could simply just register at my hotel, connect to client and see it for yourself, you ignorant moron.
Yet your statements are still false, because if you simply load a script with a source using HTTP, you will just get that the request gets blocked. That if, your config and SSL has been setup correctly, so instead of mixing content errors, the scripts simply get blocked.
2ADTkWo.png
I don't get why you're arguing with him over this. Regardless, the issue is fixed.

@Canadian @Legion

Sly

I don't break the rules I bend them.
Oct 28, 2016
Eckto I did as @Blasteh told me and it worked. I also did what @marc4103 told me cause he couldn't view my https SSL through port 80 so I added a rule as stated above to my web.config I guess that worked too now I have no problems with SSL with my website/client

But the main issue was resolved following @Blasteh's guide

Users who are viewing this thread