Making a Habbo Retro on a VPS to put online - where am I going wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SentimentalX

Society is deteriorating.
Feb 9, 2019
Hey, I've now moved further onto the stages of now trying to get the retro which I had created yesterday online. I had followed the exact same process using XAMPP but on my VPS this time round. I had changed out the IP from Localhost to my IP of which came with the Windows VPS and changed the URL to the domain in which I own however I can go to the domain on the local machine and it works fine however trying to access the IP/Domain from outside of the VPS just times out.

I have looked at countless tutorials and they all just show the method in which had been done through localhost. Are there extra steps that I am missing to have it live?

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Hey, I've now moved further onto the stages of now trying to get the retro which I had created yesterday online. I had followed the exact same process using XAMPP but on my VPS this time round. I had changed out the IP from Localhost to my IP of which came with the Windows VPS and changed the URL to the domain in which I own however I can go to the domain on the local machine and it works fine however trying to access the IP/Domain from outside of the VPS just times out.

I have looked at countless tutorials and they all just show the method in which had been done through localhost. Are there extra steps that I am missing to have it live?
What’s the url? Maybe the DNS hasn’t updated yet.

I recommend IIS if you’re setting it up on a VPS though.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012

Side Note: If you install VIA WPI (WebPlatformInstaller) PHP Manager will not install as it is not verified, unsure what happened but it's been since June last year it's been unverified.

You need to open your Ports VIA Windows Advanced Firewall.

> Inbound rules
> Add new rule
> Port 80
>Allow All
> XAMPP

Repeat the same for Emulator.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Side Note: If you install VIA WPI (WebPlatformInstaller) PHP Manager will not install as it is not verified, unsure what happened but it's been since June last year it's been unverified.

> Inbound rules
> Add new rule
> Port 80
>Allow All
> XAMPP

Weird I’ve set up hotels in the past month using it, worked fine.

Haven’t used XAMPP for about 10 years either. Would only use it for development purposes not a live project.

SentimentalX

Society is deteriorating.
Feb 9, 2019

> Inbound rules
> Add new rule
> Port 80
>Allow All
> XAMPP

I just added the port and no difference had occurred - thank you for the help anyway :)

I don't want to disclose the URL publicly so if you private message me I'll send you it however I'm extremely sure the DNS records are fine - and to the IIS I had followed two different tutorials to try set it up but it had just led to constant errors as most IIS tutorials are extremely out of date so the modules being asked to installed do not work as well as the fact that some CMS just don't work alongside of IIS which may have also been the reason I had loads of errors.
Post automatically merged:

This thread may be closed; the legend @smh helped me get IIS working and then helped me fix the issue I was having.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread