Make your own reception_logo_drape!

Feb 25, 2015
All the cool hotels are doing it, and now so can you!
Open up the following file in a photo editor like paint.net or Photoshop:
reception_logo_drape.png

Get rid of the HABBO font by brushing over it with the background colour until it's blank.
Now, download the font in the attachments. Start cutting and pasting the letters onto the banner in such a way that there are only 2 pixels of black in between each letter (using the furthest point to measure for the letter B.) Try to centre it as well as possible.

Now, time to create that fun shadow effect! Since I use Photoshop, I'll walk you through doing it with that. I imagine the process is relatively similar on Paint.net.

Get all of your letters on the same layer if you haven't already. Duplicate the layer and move it below the original. Now, press CTRL/CMD+W and select the Magic Wand Tool. Click outside of the font so that the entire canvas BESIDES the font is highlighted. Right-click anywhere, and then click "select inverse". You should now have only the font on the duplicated layer selected. Now, set your background colour to "#DFB612". Press CTRL + DELETE. Now, move your shadow slightly below and to the left of the original font to your liking.
You're all done!

OPTIONAL:
Want to add a hotel graphic behind your banner font? Follow these steps:
Download the attached habbo_hotel.gif.
Place it behind the font & the shadow. Move it to your liking & crop if necessary.

This is my first tutorial, so if there's anything I can improve on please do reach out.

Attachments

• banner-font.gif
    banner-font.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 630
  • habbo_hotel.gif
    habbo_hotel.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 531

Platinum

Hello!
Sep 2, 2012
This is actually very helpful to those who aren’t so aware of how to make their drape look presentable! :up:

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
btw there's this:
that's what I use instead of cutting out the letters and getting them aligned.

Users who are viewing this thread