Macklebee leaving Habbo

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
So in recent news to Habbo and Sulake. Macklebee was annouced that he was leaving Sulake and departing his ways with Habbo. If no one knew Macklebee he was a software developer for Sulake and played Habbo since 2001.

Official statement from Habbo:

af5d5a4405a04ee7bf4fc71a2ca2f184.png

Responce to his departure
Twitter
4b8ad1bbb29f477a97e6868550970687.png
A nice troll from Hubbo hotel to advertise a retro. nice hense they've been doing it for days on .com habbo and not got banned..

What are you thoughts on him leaving. Do they need him or no, he seems like the guy that fixs everything most of the time anyway. Some are saying he was fired or something. I don't see it as true but i don't know really seeing as Habbo is getting rid of staff, it seems likely.

Liam

discord.gg/hivehub
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
He actually interacted with users but everyone leaves at some point. If he was fired I'm sure they'd just say. '#RIPHabbo' has been trending on Twitter ever since.

Habbo claims they're going nowhere though:

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
e756ca209cbbc55b585455efbabb4615.png

47.4k tweets? well damn.

C-g8akPXgAAZ1jo.png

Yeah, he's gone now!
Its sad because you can tell he cared about Habbo so much especially seeing as his been with the game from a good times then to the shit times with the Channel 4 crap. I'm not sure whos taking over developmental now though, confusing times until Sulake announce anything.

Moogly

May 6, 2012
He expects to see them running in 10 years? Unless they switch to HTML5 soon they might start seeing their client stop working. Some of the major browsers are dropping Flash and we're not talking in 2 years, we're talking this and next year, starting with Firefox. Flash is a security nightmare and the only plugin allowed to run on Firefox anymore. Silverlight, Java, and others are fully removed in Firefox. It would not surprise me to see Google follow suit. Google's had HTML5 for YouTube for a while now.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
Fuck outta here

OT: I guess it's sad really. Any know who's actually taking over?
I've heard from a rumour, their trying to make Habbo into some 3D game soon? Sulake recently did applications on designers;
either way looks like macklebee has left them with something to keep them up or their moving onto a bigger project.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Seeing habbo in HTML5 could be a memory with high usage of memory for clients, more so than it already is.

Quite sad to see him go, the hotel itself is going to die off for Sulake to try again at other side projects

Users who are viewing this thread