Lower resolution or increase display scaling?

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I've found that I have a constant issue with display scaling, so much so that in a normal days work I will switch between 200% scaling->none, to 4k/1080p when needed.
The problem for me is, display scaling on windows is garbage. and doing anything in 25% increments, or even every other 50% increment (so not 150% but 250% for eg) makes it so much worse some things are actually unreadable or just outright unenjoyable. In addition to this, there are some apps that are unaware of window's display scaling and/or incompatible. Imagine having a window fixed at 900x600 and running a 4k display.

Does anyone else have this issue? What are solutions you've implemented?

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Have you tried playing around with the scaling options in the compatibility tab of the app properties?

I ran into this issue but couldn't really figure out a workaround other than not using the hidpi screen (so not using my laptop screen)

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Have you tried playing around with the scaling options in the compatibility tab of the app properties?

I ran into this issue but couldn't really figure out a workaround other than not using the hidpi screen (so not using my laptop screen)
Yes I've used that with varying success usually dependent on the version of windows, it's consistency is awful. I'll just continue REE -ing until it works some day

Users who are viewing this thread