• Nope

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Kinda

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CharlotteFields

Sep 16, 2017
I'm slightly confused about how people got this working when the latest xampp throws errors due to mysql php ext not being found.

I'm slowly replacing stuff with their mysqli equivalents

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
There isn't a folder called htdocs..
If you've downloaded and using Xampp, then there should be a htdocs folder in the 'Xampp' Folder on your C: Drive. If you're using your own VPS and not using Xampp, then you have to install IIS and MySQL..

Silver

Aug 17, 2016
If you've downloaded and using Xampp, then there should be a htdocs folder in the 'Xampp' Folder on your C: Drive. If you're using your own VPS and not using Xampp, then you have to install IIS and MySQL..
Wow yeah I remember this, mind blanked.

2. Open up your htdocs and completely delete all files from it and extract your cms - which folder is this? I'm guessing Build 3 but does that mean put this into htdocs too?

I put the gordon folder in htdocs>swfs>gordon>..

Last edited:

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
Wow yeah I remember this, mind blanked.

2. Open up your htdocs and completely delete all files from it and extract your cms - which folder is this? I'm guessing Build 3 but does that mean put this into htdocs too?

I put the gordon folder in htdocs>swfs>gordon>..
Yeah basically it means that anything that is in your htdocs already, you delete all files from, and then extract the CMS which you have downloaded into there.

Silver

Aug 17, 2016
Yeah basically it means that anything that is in your htdocs already, you delete all files from, and then extract the CMS which you have downloaded into there.
Sorry for spamming the hell out of this post but which folder is the CMS in, jeez. If it is build 3 then do I just do htdocs>build 3?

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
Sorry for spamming the hell out of this post but which folder is the CMS in, jeez. If it is build 3 then do I just do htdocs>build 3?

You open the folder 'Build 3' and extract or copy and paste ALL files (CMS) which is in that folder into the htdocs folder.

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
Ok now I don't understand Navicat :(
what do u mean? youve used navicat all the time bro. its slightly different then the one you used to use. if you read my tutorial i tell you that part. open navicat, setup a new mysql connection and test it. if it says connection successful you can go ahead and create your database and import the plus sql

CharlotteFields

Sep 16, 2017
Thats why you use the older xampp version i provided in the thread....
Wow sorry I completely missed that

Linux:
Mac:

But I will still be updated RevCMS to PDO rather than using mysql or my original thought of my thought of mysqli, so it works on the latest versions.

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
Wow sorry I completely missed that

Linux:
Mac:

But I will still be updated RevCMS to PDO rather than using mysql or my original thought of my thought of mysqli, so it works on the latest versions.
niceee

Users who are viewing this thread