Limiting?

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
I feel like resources all from the forum should be limited to prevent leechers that just download and disappear, so it would revolve around posts, as in having per se like how we have 25 or 50 posts til be see the shoutbox, a kinda thing like that, if thats still there. Also approved posts for new comers so forum moderators have the ability to more.

Templates provided per each section would also be something to follow, in order to post new threads.

This would increase forum activity again surely, if you'd like I can go slightly more indepth about this.

@bigdawg

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
In regards to the shoutbox:

In general: It would just cause people to spam.

Lotus

Jun 8, 2012
In regards to the shoutbox:

In general: It would just cause people to spam.

I was actually referencing what they did for the shout box, I mean if theres templates and approval of posts then it wouldnt be an issue for spam

Lotus

Jun 8, 2012
What do you exactly mean with templates? Not sure what it is you're suggesting anymore.

Post Templates you know,
e.g

Lotus

Jun 8, 2012
Most sections already have such things, or they aren't needed.

I mean if new users are limited from resources and seeing links til a certain post limit, and they need to post to get that limit, they would need to post threads using that template, and mods would review and approve if it matched the criteria.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I mean if new users are limited from resources and seeing links til a certain post limit, and they need to post to get that limit, they would need to post threads using that template, and mods would review and approve if it matched the criteria.
Do you think they'll follow those templates? Leechers don't care, they'll spam post until they have the needed amount of posts in order to download. This would just increase work for moderation in deleting spam (not that we're really busy or anything). It's also really SEO unfriendly.

Lotus

Jun 8, 2012
Do you think they'll follow those templates? Leechers don't care, they'll spam post until they have the needed amount of posts in order to download. This would just increase work for moderation in deleting spam (not that we're really busy or anything). It's also really SEO unfriendly.

They'd have to if they wanted to obtain something, if not that just a reply or like to obtain resources

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Forces you to register to actually see links anyway, a lot of our user base is from 2011, 2012 and 2013. They've been here for 4-6 years.

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
To gain more Habbo user activity is to move major development threads to DevBest.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Tbh I'd rather have the amount of Habbo threads we have now than more.

E.g the coding section could use some activity.
If boosting the Habbo section would boost forum activity over all, that wouldn't be a problem. We've always tried to move away from Habbo, even though most of the users on here are from Habbo. It's our main source of active users. Everyone who's now active outside those sections, started there. If that's what needs to be done, so be it. I actually think @Wickd has a great idea.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
The people that made the Habbo section active have either left or aren’t active much. There’s still some good developers, it’s just whether they want to continue development.

Personally, I think it’s the RevCMS project that kept people around, or made DevBest stand out from rival forums. To boost a section we would need a similar source of development, it’s just a matter of who and if they’re willing to support the community.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
The people that made the Habbo section active have either left or aren’t active much. There’s still some good developers, it’s just whether they want to continue development.

Personally, I think it’s the RevCMS project that kept people around, or made DevBest stand out from rival forums. To boost a section we would need a similar source of development, it’s just a matter of who and if they’re willing to support the community.
If you look at the threads there's actually plenty of good developments that are active, it's just most of the users on here that aren't willing to support even if it's Habbo related.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Even though this is becoming an interesting discussion, let's stay on topic of the original suggestion. If someone wants to make another suggestion/discussion thread about the subject currently being discussed, feel free to do so.

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
I don't think DevBest will ever get away from Habbo. People mostly join for Habbo content and the fact it's so predominantly Habbo-based probably pushes potential non-Habbo users to find other communities (at a guess, I don't have data - correct me if I'm wrong). I don't think anything can be done to "fix" this - I don't think it even needs fixing, I think the Habbo part of the forum just needs to be embraced, that's what DevBest is.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I don't think DevBest will ever get away from Habbo. People mostly join for Habbo content and the fact it's so predominantly Habbo-based probably pushes potential non-Habbo users to find other communities (at a guess, I don't have data - correct me if I'm wrong). I don't think anything can be done to "fix" this - I don't think it even needs fixing, I think the Habbo part of the forum just needs to be embraced, that's what DevBest is.
Please check my previous post.

Users who are viewing this thread