Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters

Liam

Fly and mighty
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Hi,

So with the theme change, it has come to my attention that I sometimes struggle with picking a mode. I think it depends on the website/app, etc.

Personally, apps such as Discord just do not look right using light mode. I feel the same way about Twitter, but not to the same extent. Some other apps I use light mode, but I usually don't use them that frequently to care.

I might be leaning towards dark mode, as it doesn't hurt my eyes as much, especially for DevBest.

What are your thoughts? Do you feel the same? Vote and perhaps maybe leave a comment!

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
I feel the same. I tend to lean towards dark mode, but I've gotten used to some apps like Visual Studio in light mode, so leave them with their default.

I wanted to try Discord light mode, but until recently the text in light mode was too light and I couldn't read it very easily.

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
The old themes color scheme was a lil darker, so it didn't hurt my eyes too bad. But this one's color scheme looks a lot lighter, so I prefer dark mode.

Andings

Jun 4, 2012
I have started with Dark Mode and can't use an app without it, to be honest. I find light modes to be too bright on my eyes. Even Outlook on my work computer is in dark mode.

DDDDec

Tongue Boxing Champion 2023
May 30, 2017
I dark theme everything coz my rooms always dark asf so it'd be too bright for my eyes 😂

I do think light mode looks better tho.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
The old theme was much better imo.

If I'm using Discord on my phone then I'll use light, but for desktop, dark looks pretty dope.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I have dark mode enabled on every app/website I have that offers it. I feel like my eyes are very sensitive to light and tend to get headaches. I usually have the brightness setting on my phone/devices very low too.

So I have dark mode enabled, and the brightness low.

Users who are viewing this thread