Flash Lebbo Hotel ~ Every family has their own story, welcome to ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoByte

Aug 5, 2017
I visited this hotel a while back and it was nice, Great staff and a nice little community. Great to see you're still running I'll stop by at some point. Keep going, you never know what will happen in the future. You're community might be dead now but you don't get recognized straight away.
Thank you for your feedback <3 i very much appreciate this.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Unsure if anybody has stated this yet but, your server is extremely overkill. Your website and client run beautifully and look nice, but you can definitely tone the server down. I'd suggest using Google Cloud if you're trying to find that magical spec setup that is the most performant as it will update you daily on if your server needs more and or less power.

Also, your register page is amazing and I love this little avatar builder

XenoByte

Aug 5, 2017
Unsure if anybody has stated this yet but, your server is extremely overkill. Your website and client run beautifully and look nice, but you can definitely tone the server down. I'd suggest using Google Cloud if you're trying to find that magical spec setup that is the most performant as it will update you daily on if your server needs more and or less power.

Also, your register page is amazing and I love this little avatar builder

Thank you for your feedback! The reason I have such a beast of a server is because i host multiple projects on it beside Lebbo, of which some are really resource-stealing. :) - if there's any advise you have left please feel free to let me know. Cheers!

That website design looks nice ?
Thank you for your feedback! Are there perhaps also some negative points about the website in your opinion that could be improved? I'd love to hear from you!

UPDATE:
- We've updated our webshop, removed PayPal as a payment option ( account got frozen again.. ).
- You can now verify your email! This is not required but will bring you extra benefits that non-verified users do not have such as being able to apply and trade.
- We are again in search for new hotel- and community managers. Interested? My Discord is Ethereal#2544
- Implemented Google Two Factor Authentication on user-level. This can be enabled on request, contact a developer.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Eh, why on earth do you have this on your website?

Code:
<script src="https://authedmine.com/lib/captcha.min.js" async></script>

You must be registered for see images attach

XenoByte

Aug 5, 2017

Code:

This way I dont have to put annoying ads on the website. The miner can ( once registered ) be disabled on request.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
This way I dont have to put annoying ads on the website. The miner can ( once registered ) be disabled on request.
You should at least inform your users about it.
Anyway why would you need to put in ads?
If you can't even afford the maximum 20$ it costs to uphold a hotel with less than 100 users, besides having a shop, which should in the end payoff the costs, then you might as well close it already.
Monero mining, really? Trust me some of your users browsers will crash once they get in-game, due to the heavy memory and CPU load caused by both the client AND mining.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
If you need to put malware on your website to fund the hotel, then that makes me weary of the financial means you're using to support this website. I wouldn't be surprised if this hotel doesn't last long purely because you're barely scraping by on finances to keep it afloat.

XenoByte

Aug 5, 2017
You should at least inform your users about it.
Anyway why would you need to put in ads?
If you can't even afford the maximum 20$ it costs to uphold a hotel with less than 100 users, besides having a shop, which should in the end payoff the costs, then you might as well close it already.
I will put more information about it on the website, the captcha already does explain how it works and what it does. Also there's a function to disable the miner yourself in the making so no interaction from me will be required. It started off as an experiment and people didn't complain and were fine the way it is ( i've put its max power on 20% ).

EDIT: this is pure a personal experiment as I have interests in crypto-currency and not meant to finance Lebbo in any way.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013

Code:

What’s the plugin to detect miners? I didn’t even know browser mining was a thing

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
What’s the plugin to detect miners? I didn’t even know browser mining was a thing

Of course, when running through JavaScript performance still takes a bit of a toll, but it's not that bad. Our miner uses WebAssembly and runs with about 65% of the performance of a native Miner. For an Intel i7 CPU (one of the fastest desktop CPUs) you should see a hashrate of about 90h/s. A native miner would get to 140h/s.

I'm just using this browser extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread