Learning Python xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Python 3 has no library support of my liking and old applications are broken on it thus python2 more stable imo

Most, if not all of the major libraries are python 3 compatible. If you come across a small library that isn't, why not fork it and add py3 support to it?

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013

Most, if not all of the major libraries are python 3 compatible. If you come across a small library that isn't, why not fork it and add py3 support to it?
i'll stop using python2 when all the lua hippies stop using the old lua

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Probably going to start doing Python 3 and practice with CherryPy onto building a website (Or Wheezy Web since it has the best benchmarks, @griimnak 's obsession being flask having the more mid range benchmarks

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
Probably going to start doing Python 3 and practice with CherryPy onto building a website (Or Wheezy Web since it has the best benchmarks, @griimnak 's obsession being flask having the more mid range benchmarks
If you really wanna be a speed freak go for Django, it's the most popular and supported.
I just like flask because it's barebone and makes me forget it's even a module

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Python 3 should absolutely be learned first, learning an outdated standard is like moving backwards before you even begun. If it can be done in Python 3, then it should be done in Python 3, Python 2 should be the fail-over, not the main focus. Python 2 will die, and time you've spent learning it will have been in vain to some extent.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Python 3 should absolutely be learned first, learning an outdated standard is like moving backwards before you even begun. If it can be done in Python 3, then it should be done in Python 3, Python 2 should be the fail-over, not the main focus. Python 2 will die, and time you've spent learning it will have been in vain to some extent.
I already let Python die and decided to move towards Nude

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
Legacy software never dies! Kappa

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Woah, I should get back on this boat. Python isn't half too bad to look at

lewis

Sep 16, 2010
Aye, really strong and easy.
Can make nearly anything just brainstorming.
I'd be in class thinking of something for the whole day come back home and merk some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread