Learning how to dev.

Smoke

Mar 8, 2021
Hello so I was wondering what the best way to learn how to be a habbo retro developer is? Other than of course do a set up and mess about a bit..

I know how to do a set up be it with rev/plus brain/arc and edit swfs etc but thats about as far as it goes, maybe with a few small fixes like groups etc..

Anyone that could give me a few pointers would be greatly appreciated. =]

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
  • Learn the basics of a programming language (Java and C# are the big 2 in the emulator world, PHP is the defacto flag bearer in the CMS world)
  • Learn basic networking (nothing too major just need to understand how network programming works)
  • Learn about databases (SQL, relational vs non relational, how databases work, normalisation)
  • Download an emulator and read through the code - annotate it with your thoughts about it
  • Build one from scratch
pm me if you need any help

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
People change the starter credits and home room and claim to be Habbo developers.

Adil’s comment sums it up. You tend to start looking at HTML in high school these days, that’s where it all started for me.

Smoke

Mar 8, 2021
Yeah haha I can do all that sort of stuff but wouldnt claim to know how it works etc.. but would love to know how. Will try out codecademy and skillshare etc for java/c#/php and see where it takes me :) Eventually I wanna be the one making releases, not using other peoples releases lol but we'll see.

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
It highly depends on what you want to do, I mean u said being a retro dev, but there's quite a few things u could do to be a dev so here's some sites iknow besides the one u found yourself

Free:
Freecodecamp.org
W3school

Paid:
Udemy.com - per course
Laracasts.com - subscription

Free Java video course on udemy

Users who are viewing this thread