Launch Kit Utility - Decorative Build v0.2

caution3

Dec 26, 2015
Launch Kit Utility 0.3 is now available.
Sorry for the delays, but I was so busy working on 0.4 that I forgot to upload it.
LKU is supposed to be a Software platform where people can set up their own shortcuts and even downloading new software from netSHOP.
I want feedback, please. Also, if you want to have your software listed in netSHOP, please PM me and send the software, the software name and discription. I can provide a free animated banner if you don't provide one.
OLD, DISCONTINUED.

If you are interested in developing software or allowing your software to be distributed through out netSHOP or want a Video that you made to be available through the Launch Kit Video On-Demand service, please contact me.
So, here is a screenshot of what the v0.3 looks like.
You must be registered for see images attach

House Keeping!

1. Make it possible to update LKU without it retarding the Channel Lists for an infinite amount of time. FINISHED!
  2. Activate and switch on Launch Network. (The server that pushes additional content like videos and netSHOP software.) FINISHED!
  3. Develop and implement a fully working Settings software without it crashing.
  4. Remove Place Holder graphics.
Final Note: I do not plan on making profits from this project, nor do I permit the reselling or purchasing of content on the netSHOP and Launch Kit Video Services.​

Last edited:

caution3

Dec 26, 2015
Not trying to be an asshole, but after having read this, I still have no damn clue what good this will do.
Good question, @Primax!
Another way to vaguely describe LKU is: It's a crappy knock off of Steam. (Content delivery platform with no included DRM)
If you say good as in usefulness, it won't be actually very useful unless you use it to make some shortcuts with your own custom animated banners.
Also, I do plan on making many changes such as opening up a public App Store where anyone can send their free software in and have it placed on the list. (Kind of like Steam Store.) Plus a Video Service where users can submit their films/animations in to be placed on a curated showcase. These of course, are long term stretch goals.
So, LKU is not really useful for businesses and probably never will be.
Thanks!

caution3

Dec 26, 2015
I think this idea would do so much better in a webbrowser tbh as many of these things is working towards that.
I would also prefer for it to work mainly on browser too, @SystemSequence.
But, unfortunately, it would be a lot harder to manage as I have learnt first hand from myNET, it is extremely hard to have a domain and server that can be held for a long term period with little funding (most LKN data is delivered through GitHub on a read-only directory, you see.), and I have no proper knowledge of nearly all of the Web programming languages like PHP, HTML5, JavaScript, etc.
I do hope, that once I can get enough time, I will be able to grasp the languages required to make this project into something useful!
Thanks!
Launch Network Servers are now online and working.
The (not so anticipated) online accessibility to netSHOP, Launch Kit Video and other upcoming services is open.
I intend to bundle additional software that can be enabled through the First-Time run and in the Settings application. (This is a long term goal~!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread