Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)

Jiyorude

Mar 20, 2019
Great release Quackster, also kudos for fixing so many things that didnt work on the original v14s back in the day! Would love to set this up next to my V63 for all the amazing Trax-making Nostalgia. Could you maybe send me a PM with a short guide or tutorial on how to set this up? The last time I've set up a V14 server was way back in 2007/2008 with Mark's. I don't meet the 25 post requirement yet.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Sorry, I forgot to write on this forum as well..

v1.19 has now been released.

Changelog

- Some public room furniture is glitched (Pizzaria, Picnic Fields, Oasis Bar etc)
- Swim status not applying after going back into water on Wobble Squabble if you don't have tickets
- Lido and Rooftop Rumble ladders
- Space Cafe lights and flipboard
- While trading and dragging items over, the hand no longer shows blank spots where the item used to be
- Fixed roller issue where you could get kicked off a roller by another player
- Redid the way stacking works on rollers
- Fixed not allowing uppercase letters upon registration
- Fixed different language accents
- Fixed Battleball menu not showing

Download:

v1.19 migrate sql from v1.18:

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Another update, another feature, and more bug fixes.

Changelog

- Added: Recycler/Ecotron 2007-2008 version.

The recycler can be configurable with the "recycler_rewards" table. The 'reward' column takes the sale code used in the catalogue_items table.

- Changes: Ejecting soundset/CD from trax and jukebox will now place it at the front of the hand.

- Fix: show skill level in Battleball lobby.
- Fix: food/drink showing up correctly when asking bots for drinks in public rooms.
- Fix: being idle in a sub public room will no longer direct you to the main lobby but appear on hotel view instead.
- Fix: buying present would use an incorrect item definition.
- Fix :rare cycle not loading the history of rares to check against.

HJv5eEo.png

L6vc2Bg.png

Important note

In your external texts, make sure the "recycler_info_progress" entry is actually:

Code:
recycler_info_progress=Recycling is currently in progress. The recycling process takes a total of %hours% hour. You can leave the catalogue  and recycling will continue in the background.

Release information

Download:

Run v1.22 SQL when upgrading from v1.21.x:

How to use Shockwave in 2019:

Gibbo

Jun 4, 2010
I am having problems with updating looks in the client. I choose my outfit but it will not save. Also, there is no where to buy HC

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I am having problems with updating looks in the client. I choose my outfit but it will not save. Also, there is no where to buy HC
You buy HC via the CMS, also try changing looks in the CMS and see if that works?

Gibbo

Jun 4, 2010
You buy HC via the CMS, also try changing looks in the CMS and see if that works?
I am using RetroCMS, it does not have the functions. Any other cms I can use lol
Post automatically merged:

What CMS is everyone using for Kepler? Thank you :)

The teleporters do not work, any fix?

Last edited:

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I'm so sorry for not releasing this earlier, but here's a few quick fixes.

Changelog

- Fix presents going to wrong user
- Fix Chess crashing
- Add server-side chat rate limiting
- Redo slot counting for adding disks to jukebox playlist

Download v1.22.4 here:

And I'm sorry to say this, but unless there's other horrible bugs that need fixing ASAP I probably won't be releasing another Kepler version.

I am using RetroCMS, it does not have the functions. Any other cms I can use lol

What CMS is everyone using for Kepler? Thank you :)

The teleporters do not work, any fix?

The teleporters not working is your DCR problem, nothing to do with me.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
hiii bro!!! incredible job my man!!!! throwback my memories in 2008, when everything was good, thank you so much for that!!!!!
i have a problem with the installation process :S
when I want to open the file RUN.BAT, I get an error in cmd: "Unknown database <kepler>" and I am sure it is because I am connecting the database badly, when I enter HeidiSQl I click to create a new session, I have the ip well and the port well, but I don't understand how to put the username and password and I don't understand how to open the ports, (I already have XAMMP) and I mean the text in the SERVER.INI file
I would really appreciate it if you could help me
I also hope to enter the hotel some day nearby!
psdt: excuse me for my english :$

Greetings from Colombia!!!
You need to edit config.ini with your details.

Gibbo

Jun 4, 2010
How would I set this up? Does the code provided need to be added to a certain file in Java, if so, what file would I have to add it to? Thanks :)

albirojofuerte

Feb 18, 2020
hi Alex!! i could already put online the hotel!!! everydays i wake up to play this game, simply i loved it! The DCR V14 works perfectly, but i have a prblem with DCR v21, you put it here:
already configurated the port in settings.ini and the run.bat listening to v14 and v21 versions, and too upload the sql migration to 1.22.4 and works fine phphmyadmin. The problem is when i run the page, the game enter to hotel view and then disconnected, whyyyyyy?? what am i doing wrong??? I REALLY WANT TO PLAY V21 VERSION <3 :D
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyway, you're the GOD of coding man!!!

v14 work PERFECT!

Last edited:

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
hi Alex!! i could already put online the hotel!!! everydays i wake up to play this game, simply i loved it! The DCR V14 works perfectly, but i have a prblem with DCR v21, you put it here:
already configurated the port in settings.ini and the run.bat listening to v14 and v21 versions, and too upload the sql migration to 1.22.4 and works fine phphmyadmin. The problem is when i run the page, the game enter to hotel view and then disconnected, whyyyyyy?? what am i doing wrong??? I REALLY WANT TO PLAY V21 VERSION <3 :D

Anyway, you're the GOD of coding man!!!

v14 work PERFECT!

I could be mistaken but your character requires an SSO ticket if you get disconnected, but if you want users to login without an SSO ticket, edit the loader and replace

use.sso.ticket=1

to

use.sso.ticket=0

Unfortunately v21 removed in-game register so if you don't have a CMS for it, v21 is not really advised (unless you like dual running v14/v21 at the same time which is possible :p )

How would I set this up? Does the code provided need to be added to a certain file in Java, if so, what file would I have to add it to? Thanks :)

It was made as a library initially and I never planned to add it into Kepler, you just asked a way to view photos outside of Habbo...

Would you like me to add an option to save photos to disk somewhere once they're taken?

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
OK.

I've set this up and so far the only issue I am having is if I click on my avatar I immediately disconnect. (Unless I :poof everytime I login, it works fine)

I am using the Kepler database with RetroCMS and the latest build of Kepler. My settings are set to only listen on the v26 port.

I am also using the DCRS you provided on your archive (Quackster)

I can place wall furniture just fine, but cannot place anything on the floor. It just doesn't work, and I am given the following error:

Anything I am missing? I want to believe its something to do with my SSO login or userID considering its saying user ID 0. Maybe that's not even relevant. I really don't know and I am stuck at this point.

Thank you in advance.

albirojofuerte

Feb 18, 2020
OK.

I've set this up and so far the only issue I am having is if I click on my avatar I immediately disconnect. (Unless I :poof everytime I login, it works fine)

I am using the Kepler database with RetroCMS and the latest build of Kepler. My settings are set to only listen on the v26 port.

I am also using the DCRS you provided on your archive (Quackster)

I can place wall furniture just fine, but cannot place anything on the floor. It just doesn't work, and I am given the following error:

Anything I am missing? I want to believe its something to do with my SSO login or userID considering its saying user ID 0. Maybe that's not even relevant. I really don't know and I am stuck at this point.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Parse, how are you?
I have not been able to install the retrocms with Kepler, I have problems with the retro CMS database or I simply do not know how to install it well, I know it is something that I am not doing. Would you like to help me a little? I won't take you long, I promise ?

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Hello Parse, how are you?
I have not been able to install the retrocms with Kepler, I have problems with the retro CMS database or I simply do not know how to install it well, I know it is something that I am not doing. Would you like to help me a little? I won't take you long, I promise ?

If you're using the latest version of RetroCMS (I believe it's Beta 3) you just need to create a database without importing anything. You then go through the installation process and the database is created for you.

albirojofuerte

Feb 18, 2020
If you're using the latest version of RetroCMS (I believe it's Beta 3) you just need to create a database without importing anything. You then go through the installation process and the database is created for you.

So, i have to create a database without nothing, but the Kepler database AND retro CMS do not join??
Other question, the dcr is like a swf in a holo? So, i have to put dcr in htdocs with the CMS? Then configurated the port in Kepler Emu and External variables in DCR??? Am i right or wrong?
When do I have to import the files from Retroinstall.sql to a retrocms database? those are all my questions, thank you very much <3

Users who are viewing this thread