Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Who wants to see the project owner give Kepler some love after more than 18 months of no releases?! Hell yeah, I hope people still care about this project. lol

This is the Kepler v1.4 release. I bumped it to v1.4 from v1.32 because the changelog is absolutely massive and I figured a milestone this big deserves a bigger version increment.

---IMPORTANT: the format of server.ini has changed, my best advice is to delete the current one, and Kepler will recreate it, and then you can reconfigure it---

Some other important notes:

* Birthdays and emails and receiving email options are now saved to the database, if a person tries to change their email or save their password while they never had a birthday entered, the database will use that birthday for future onwards, remember that!

* Poker is probably one of the last features that Kepler still lacks, and honestly I'm unsure if I'll ever get around it, maybe at some point.

Changelog

• New: standardised Kepler to run on JDK 11, which is a a long term edition of Java.
  • New: remove bcrypt, if you can't get libsodium to work, that's not my problem.
  • New: removed support for any Habbo version higher than v14, this means that jukeboxes won't work, but having multiple versions made it easy for people installing Kepler to fuck up their installation, so I removed all of it, the packets for the jukebox are still there though.
  • New: redid the generation of server.ini. PLEASE DELETE YOUR SERVER.INI AND LET IT RECREATE IT.
  • New: dropped support for plaintext passwords.
  • Added: recycler config entries.
  • Added: change password, email and receive news toggle.
  • Added: old style lido furniture layout for 'Habbo Lido' public room.
  • Added: queue tile support to infobus.
  • Added: queue tiles to infobus (see figure 1).
  • Fixed: users without swimmers could still use pool ladders.
  • Fixed: the table for public room walkways, was missing.
  • Fixed: pools are more consistently going to allow descend/drop.
  • Fixed: the check of max height drop and jump no longer gives a Habbo superpowers.
  • Fixed: pool elevator now actually allows people who bought tickets while wearing swimmers.
  • Fixed: habbos are now bolted into the swim animation until AFTER their dive and hopping out of the pool is finished.
  • Fixed: purchasing posters now gives the intended poster instead of a blank whatever the fuck.
  • Fixed: teleporters as a whole were kind of fucked up before, but now they work fine.
  • Fixed: call for help tickets no longer get stuck after being deleted.
  • Fixed: Habbos can no longer stare at someone while inside a doorway.
  • Fixed: purchasing film.
  • Fixed: gifting film.
  • Fixed: gifts now work for both posters and film, amazing!
  • Fixed: some Habbos would get their feet glued to the floor of the pool booth.
  • Fixed: placing room items wouldn't refresh the tile map and if there was a soundmachine, for example.
  • Fixed: battleball now gives accurate scoring.

figure 1:

This was done by hand, so I hope you're happy!

pAxI66h.png

Download:

Compiled release:
Source code:

As always, if you're upgrading from v1.32 (until now, this has been the latest version for 1 and 1/2 years) then run the v1.4 migration against your database in the /migrations/ folder. Always remember to take backups.

albirojofuerte

Feb 18, 2020
when i try to open the kepler.bat, it says: The system cannot find the path specified, I don't know what I'm forgetting, I had already done this in 2020 but it seems that it has changed a bit, I already did the server.ini thing and changed it

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Who wants to see the project owner give Kepler some love after more than 18 months of no releases?! Hell yeah, I hope people still care about this project. lol

This is the Kepler v1.4 release. I bumped it to v1.4 from v1.32 because the changelog is absolutely massive and I figured a milestone this big deserves a bigger version increment.

---IMPORTANT: the format of server.ini has changed, my best advice is to delete the current one, and Kepler will recreate it, and then you can reconfigure it---

Some other important notes:

* Birthdays and emails and receiving email options are now saved to the database, if a person tries to change their email or save their password while they never had a birthday entered, the database will use that birthday for future onwards, remember that!

* Poker is probably one of the last features that Kepler still lacks, and honestly I'm unsure if I'll ever get around it, maybe at some point.

Changelog

• New: standardised Kepler to run on JDK 11, which is a a long term edition of Java.
  • New: remove bcrypt, if you can't get libsodium to work, that's not my problem.
  • New: removed support for any Habbo version higher than v14, this means that jukeboxes won't work, but having multiple versions made it easy for people installing Kepler to fuck up their installation, so I removed all of it, the packets for the jukebox are still there though.
  • New: redid the generation of server.ini. PLEASE DELETE YOUR SERVER.INI AND LET IT RECREATE IT.
  • New: dropped support for plaintext passwords.
  • Added: recycler config entries.
  • Added: change password, email and receive news toggle.
  • Added: old style lido furniture layout for 'Habbo Lido' public room.
  • Added: queue tile support to infobus.
  • Added: queue tiles to infobus (see figure 1).
  • Fixed: users without swimmers could still use pool ladders.
  • Fixed: the table for public room walkways, was missing.
  • Fixed: pools are more consistently going to allow descend/drop.
  • Fixed: the check of max height drop and jump no longer gives a Habbo superpowers.
  • Fixed: pool elevator now actually allows people who bought tickets while wearing swimmers.
  • Fixed: habbos are now bolted into the swim animation until AFTER their dive and hopping out of the pool is finished.
  • Fixed: purchasing posters now gives the intended poster instead of a blank whatever the fuck.
  • Fixed: teleporters as a whole were kind of fucked up before, but now they work fine.
  • Fixed: call for help tickets no longer get stuck after being deleted.
  • Fixed: Habbos can no longer stare at someone while inside a doorway.
  • Fixed: purchasing film.
  • Fixed: gifting film.
  • Fixed: gifts now work for both posters and film, amazing!
  • Fixed: some Habbos would get their feet glued to the floor of the pool booth.
  • Fixed: placing room items wouldn't refresh the tile map and if there was a soundmachine, for example.
  • Fixed: battleball now gives accurate scoring.

figure 1:

This was done by hand, so I hope you're happy!

pAxI66h.png

Download:

Compiled release:
Source code:

As always, if you're upgrading from v1.32 (until now, this has been the latest version for 1 and 1/2 years) then run the v1.4 migration against your database in the /migrations/ folder. Always remember to take backups.
Of course we still care about this project, it's objectively one of the best emulators.

Jiyorude

Mar 20, 2019
For those that are having issues with the run file, try downloading the latest development build from:

I replaced the bat and java files with this and after that my server ran perfectly fine. I also had the 'could not find main class' error in the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread