Keeping the same number on EE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Basically I’m with EE but I’ve found a much cheaper deal through a 3rd party company.

If I stay with EE and order a new phone it’ll come with a new number, I’ve been told to move a number from EE to EE I need to move it to another network and then move it back.

I was wondering if there’s an easier way or if this is the only way to do it.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Can you not just get a Pak code from them? Or can EE's customer services not do it for you? I find it odd you'd need to move it from EE > another network > EE.

Saying that, I ordered my girlfriend a new sim card the other week on a new deal and ticked the 'keep same phone number' box (she's already with EE) and when the SIM arrived, it had a new phone number. This was just the sim, not a phone.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Since ordering through uSwitch it’s almost 50% cheaper than the EE website.

Not sure how this would be done as it’s coming from affordablemobiles or something, not EE themselves. I was told it can be done but a lot of the customer advises won’t do it (other forum threads) seems a lot of farse that’s all.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

For example these are the cheapest prices. Obviously the top one is a lot better.

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
When I did this with Vodafone* I just had to get a PAC code which allowed them to put my number on to a new sim - seems like a common thing that they'd have some easy process for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I’ll call them up. On their forums they usually don’t do this process and advise you to change network then change back because a lot of it is automatically done I guess.

Thanks though :)

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Like previous posts say al you need to do is ring up and ask for PAC code or if your with EE anyway just ring them up and they'll sort it. USwitch is just the third party seller it's still EE you see

Reactions: Joe

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
I know im a bit off topic but have you tried someone like mobiles.co.uk or carphone warehouse. That price seems very steep for an iPhone 7.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I know im a bit off topic but have you tried someone like mobiles.co.uk or carphone warehouse. That price seems very steep for an iPhone 7.
£28 per month? 9GB and unlimited texts and minutes? And the phone is free? Haven’t seen anything better. (Buying for my nan lol).

Like previous posts say al you need to do is ring up and ask for PAC code or if your with EE anyway just ring them up and they'll sort it. USwitch is just the third party seller it's still EE you see
I’ve changed a number before and know how it works, it’s just the last time I spoke to an EE employee they said I’ll have to transfer it to another network and then transfer it back :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot though guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread