Just want some feedback on a design i'm working on.

Jayseanp

Soooo Bored!
Oct 26, 2013
Here it is :)

Bare in mind that navigation is not complete just a quick mockup.

index.jpg

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Show me a live preview since I feel like I've sen this before.

Potentially a mash up of a few different layouts? I Google'd some of the content and found this:

( )

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Honestly the theme feels like some things just have been mashed up, as @Sle said. The combination of sections don't seem to fit. Some images look way too big, and the color combinations seem out of place too (from purple you're going straight too some kind of blue). It just doesn't fit together.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Nothing really flows well. There looks to be about 6+ different fonts being used here. Colours clash too much. Inconsistent styles.

First off I think your navigation links are way too big and I think that you should remove the drop shadow on the first and last nav-items, and then have the background set as that grey colour you have rather than white. So then it's one long grey navigation running across the X axis of the page.

Next, I think the grey background for your 'search your domain' is far too heavy. It doesn't compliment the purple well at all and actually makes it quite hard to read/see. I'd definitely reduce the harshness of that grey.

This may seem very nit-picky but it is design based. I can't see how you can visually represent the statistics in your 'customers to date' section like you have. This applies to the other 3, but your 'virtual servers' circle border is almost complete and is set at '157', so it looks like you're setting a limit of how many you can sell. Do you sell maybe 160 and that's your cut off limit? I'd make them either full bordered circles or find a different way to visually represent this data.

I really dislike the idea of using green as a background colour in your 'try us today' section. That should definitely, no doubt, be purple to make it flow with the rest of the website and keep it consistent.

My next bone to pick is the header titles of each section (our promise to you, fast loading times no matter what device, our benefits, customers to date, what our customers said). I personally think these should all have the same styles attached. Some have a purple set-width line under them, some don't. Some are centre aligned, some aren't. Some are in block-capitals, some aren't. They also have different fonts. Keep these styles consistent to make the page run much smoothly. I honestly think I'd struggle being able to tell if I was on a different section of the website because they're all so different.

I really don't understand the last section with the trees as a background titled 'PWVM,' what exactly is it? Is it a footer? Is it a new section? To me, that looks like if you removed it from that design and put it in a new PSD document, it could be the header to a separate layout altogether.

Next up, I think there are far too many credit card icons. Just show the main ones (visa, Amex, MasterCard, etc).

Finally, the footer. I would swap the positions of your social icons and the newsletter subscription. I'd reduce the spacing between and size of the social icons, they're too big and far apart. I'd definitely remove the text that says 'Newsletter Subscription,' these things are very common nowadays, as soon as someone sees a field at the bottom of a page, I'm sure they're going to know what it is. Or if you really want to make it obvious, change the placeholder of the text field to something like 'Enter email for our newsletter' etc etc.

This has gone on for some while now so I'm going to wrap it up. This is just my opinion though, don't let these points I've stated beat you up and make you give up. Learn from them and find ways to improve on them. You did say you wanted feedback after all :D

Jayseanp

Soooo Bored!
Oct 26, 2013
@Markshall @Sle indeed so.

Cheers for all the feedback. This just the basis. Now i'll fine comb it. I'll take your info seriously and improve on it.

her0

May 3, 2016
The dark grey where the "Search your domain" is located is disgusting. Doesn't fit in at all.

Jayseanp

Soooo Bored!
Oct 26, 2013
H
Nothing really flows well. There looks to be about 6+ different fonts being used here. Colours clash too much. Inconsistent styles.

First off I think your navigation

I made changes to quite a few things based on reading your suggestions. Some things i've kept the same.

Regarding, to fonts. YesIi know, just still playing around with different styles. Once i've adhered to one i'll proceed with changing all fonts on the page :)

Let me know what you think.

Also, like to extend my gratitude to you for actually putting effort into your reply to actually help me.

#UPDATE usage of font has been centralised.

index.jpg

Jayseanp

Soooo Bored!
Oct 26, 2013
@Ecko

Stolen. Please clarify? last i checked the only thing that looks the same is the color. If you're not going to comment something useful. That will help me improve on my second design. Just don't.

I'll be using variables for my LESS/SASS anyways so they will be the ability to change to any color you wish.

Just waiting on @Markshall

Here is my DEDI page design.

DEDICATED.jpg

Last edited:

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
Honestly this entire thing looks familiar as stated above.. And from googling bits looks like a bunch of templates got shoved together as Sledmore originally said.

Deezi

I have a custom title
Nov 14, 2016
I mean, seperated alot of these are good, but together the design just is ruined, I can tell you exactly what it is, but something about the design just throw's me off.

Obviously though, you are a good designer, but this just doesn't match

j0ker

$client = socket_accept($sock);
Dec 29, 2010
Not bad, simple and clean, alot of what users and companies are going for now is simple, clean, no extra bullshit. Almost like picture books. LOL. I like it tho 7/10

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
doesn't really look that unique. Just looks like an average hostin website. Meh, its alright.

Users who are viewing this thread