I've been working on a Price Comparison website, I'm seeking feedback

Synapse

PogChamp
Mar 3, 2012
Hey DB, I've been working on a website that compares prices of vape supplies [laughter aside please]. I've only been working on it for ~10 days and have been working on the front-end heavily today. It uses Python (for scraping prices from the given sites), the site is built on Bootstrap. I am seeking feedback on the design of it, and any changed which would make it look nicer. This is the first time I have really designed a website (I'm more of a programmer). I'd show the source code but it's a mess! Once I get a layout/functionality I like I will build it on top of a MVC framework. All feedback is highly valuable! Thanks!

(Almost forgot the screenshot of the index page: )

Synapse

PogChamp
Mar 3, 2012
You can build your own MVC framework pretty easily, having said that I do like the design.
Yeah, but there are some good ones already out there I like the phrase "Don't reinvent the wheel...". However what would be the advantages of building my own (aside from it not containing unused classes/functions)?

As for the design, thanks. I'm pretty happy with it, I just need to add some Jquery/Ajax and make it more user friendly. Cheers!

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, but there are some good ones already out there I like the phrase "Don't reinvent the wheel...". However what would be the advantages of building my own (aside from it not containing unused classes/functions)?

As for the design, thanks. I'm pretty happy with it, I just need to add some Jquery/Ajax and make it more user friendly. Cheers!
Like you said theres the advantage of less bloat, also you understand the code better and can add your own features to it easily.

Users who are viewing this thread