Is this a good microphone?

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
So recently I've been streaming a lot on Mixer and Twitch and am gaining a fan base on Mixer. The problem I am encountered with right now is that I'm using my Xbox Turtle beaches for streaming. Which isn't a problem; if you want to stream straight from the XB1 using it's feature as it captures your audio and also the party audio. But, I use OBS to get my widgets and overlays on the streams and that means I have to use my other Turtle Beaches which are the X12's for the XB360 to talk on the stream, which sets me back from talking to the party as both mics I have are headsets, so I can't really wear two at a time.

So, I was thinking on purchasing a new Microphone. I don't want to drop $300 on a Microphone as I'm not a hardcore streamer and this would really be the only time I use the microphone. I've been checking out a few reviews and it's come down to the Samson Meteor or the Blue Snowball Microphone for me, unless there's a better quality microphone for a better price. So my main question is, has anyone had experience with either of the above two before or have another mic suggestion?

Samson Meteor:

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Samson Meteors are pretty comparable to Blue Snowballs as they're at a similar price range, both are very good entry-level mics, but I really would recommend saving up and getting a Blue Yeti or Audio Technica AT2020/2035 if you're streaming to a lot of people.

Users who are viewing this thread