Is it worth creating Habbo retros anymore?

Myst

Feb 12, 2019
I've been in the scene for a good 9 years now and have just got back into playing Habbo and have been thinking of setting up an retro but seeing as Flash is going to become deprecated in 2020 is it really worth it? Habbo has dramatically dropped in users over the years and so have retros. Kids aren't playing playing Habbo these days and all the older users are getting older too long with the developers that were in the scene. On the behalf of Flash becoming deprecated, perhaps someone may come a long and actually develop a full fledged alternative to using Flash. Now i know there's people in the scene that have been determined to develop HTML5 projects but will they ever be finished? or will they just be forgotten about? Only time will tell as we count up the months until we lose Flash.

Another thing that I'd like to bring up is what happened with Habbo advertising? as a kid I'd always see Habbo advertisements near enough every page that I went to on the internet and now you literally cannot see any. And what the hell is this Hotel Hideway bs whatever its called? They seem to be investing all their money and resources into their alternative Habbo which is full of crap...personally everything has gone to shit and I can see the Habbo days coming to an end:(

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
people seem to not realise theres still a year and 4 months left of flash ;) you do you boo

Laynester

a bad bitch
Nov 7, 2018
people seem to not realise theres still a year and 4 months left of flash ;) you do you boo
youre wrong, ends december 2020... we still have a full year..

ontopic: hardly any users in the english community, they all seem to flock to the nearest toxic hotel, so unless you have connections, theres no point in creating a hotel to get popular, unless its for educational purposes.
Post automatically merged:

You must be registered for see images attach

quick google search proves its ending end of 2020 not the start..

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
youre wrong, ends december 2020... we still have a full year..

ontopic: hardly any users in the english community, they all seem to flock to the nearest toxic hotel, so unless you have connections, theres no point in creating a hotel to get popular, unless its for educational purposes.
Post automatically merged:

You must be registered for see images attach

quick google search proves its ending end of 2020 not the start..
i said we still have a year and 4 months left....

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
i said we still have a year and 4 months left....
Yeah, Laynester!

Depends, the community has died a lot in the past 5 years, definitely worth it if you have the patience, time and connections.

It’s not a huge waste of time if it flops, just try and be different to other hotels if you can :)

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
Flash ending in December will not affect retros as a whole. With Orange Games working on a new framework for Habbo, i'm sure the retro community will be alive, maybe not the English community because everyone in this community just tear each other down and +1 everyone else, and that's why this community has died so fast, while other communities such as the Spanish or Dutch community remain well active and the hotels progress more than any English hotel ever made. Regarding the browser support of Flash, there are source releases for downloadable clients, which i'm sure hotels that want to be made after December 2020 will likely be using the downloadable client if they're not already using it currently.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
Pretty sure Flash will be available for Chromium for a long time... Cyclone is the only HTML5 Client that has most things done that I know of.
For anyone who will want to play they'll find alternatives to using Flash (talking about the users).
People have become addicted to "Habboon". And in the future kids will still play Habbo or Habbo Retros maybe because their parent told them what they used to play when they were younger and then the addiction process will continue. So Habbo Retros or Habbo will never truly die it'll just not be as popular as it used to be.

Dixie123

Jun 2, 2014
I think it's still worth it. Habbo and retros may not be as popular now, but it's still a good little hobby I reckon. (If I was any good at computer stuff I'd be making retros left right and centre, haha!).
Saying that, retros have been done to death. I think if someone could find a good "niche" and do something different then it could possibly slowly gaining popularity again. :)

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
I think it's still worth it. Habbo and retros may not be as popular now, but it's still a good little hobby I reckon. (If I was any good at computer stuff I'd be making retros left right and centre, haha!).
Saying that, retros have been done to death. I think if someone could find a good "niche" and do something different then it could possibly slowly gaining popularity again. :)
Can definitely agree with your last statement, but the thing is, everything has already been done, and it was done by the wrong people, so it lost its hype within weeks. There's nothing original these days, the only hotel I could say has its own style is NGH. Truth be told, some of these developers such as the ones at NGH and the ones working on HTML5 projects should just team up and create their own game, seems like a better idea than creating a retro. Even if you wanted it to be similar to Habbo, just use your own imaging and graphics, I know there are great pixel artists out there in this community.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
Can definitely agree with your last statement, but the thing is, everything has already been done, and it was done by the wrong people, so it lost its hype within weeks. There's nothing original these days, the only hotel I could say has its own style is NGH. Truth be told, some of these developers such as the ones at NGH and the ones working on HTML5 projects should just team up and create their own game, seems like a better idea than creating a retro. Even if you wanted it to be similar to Habbo, just use your own imaging and graphics, I know there are great pixel artists out there in this community.

That's kind of a good idea. However I think slowly teenagers have stopped playing pixel games and they play more console games.
However these Pixel Games like (Habbo) that the main purpose is to chat and chill allow these young users to socialize with each other. They make friends and at the same time they do activities in-game example: building, betting, hosting games and so on... It's almost as if doing missions in GTA V even if it's not the same game what users do is the same they do it together. However I think that now it's not the case most retros and even habbo itself has become toxic and the community is not welcoming anymore... Most hotel staff think new comers are either advertisers and users see them as noobs. It's as if the community is happy with what they have and they don't need anymore users. Because they've already made their virtual friends they're happy with who they chat with and I think since most hotel managements think newly registered users are a threat (advertisers, banned users, or someshit like that) that kinda allows users to see those newly joined users as threats too. Even though the reputation and popularity are dying some hotel community management's are doing a good job hosting in-game quests. Seasonal mini-games and just in general in-game events allows users to come together most of the time users will help each other to win these mini games which will mean they'll probably or most likely talk again. This allows new users to make more friends which will mean they'll also be addicted because they now like the rest of the players have someone to talk to. And they'll most likely come back tomorrow for more chat and chill.

It might sound a bit rude but all it takes is to make someone addicted after that they'll be your active user.
Unfortunately in most hotels there are lack of community management and bias towards some users meaning they'll probably not want to go back to that shit environment again.

It's not about what new features there are it's about community management. If we take it feature-wise and if people focused on features they would go play Call Of Duty or a game that's better than an online pixel game that's a moviestarplanet look-alike.

Dixie123

Jun 2, 2014
I personally think pixel games are more popular with adults now. Maybe retros should be being aimed at an older teen/adult audience.

Users who are viewing this thread