Is it possible I could be missing votes?

Have you noticed missing votes on Findretros?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2013
Hi there,
Recently I've noticed a drop in my votes but my player base hasn't changed? I think that FindRetros voting might be broken.
I also believe this because yesterday I noticed 29 players were online at 3:00PM but there were only 28 votes?
Assuming this was some weird coincidence I decided to test it for myself. I voted on school wifi, data, and gym wifi with no increase in votes?
Now it's 8:45 AM, I currently have 4 votes, and 27 users online :/

Liam

Fly and mighty
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
It's been like that for awhile now, @bigdawg is aware and will probably fix it shortly.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Generally, once a month or so @bigdawg's servers tend to die, or have a slight issue - delaying our votes, and killing our ShareFast for about 8 hours.

Should be resolved now.

EDIT:

The real reason for this is due to the Geo IP that Rasta uses to determine if a vote is legitimate or not is being funny and isn't reachable. Will be sorted in about 8 hours when he is home.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
As @Sledmore mentioned, I will resolve the issue after work. It would appear that the issue is that the API that I use to get information about an IP is currently unreachable, thus votes are being flagged as fraudulent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread