GTA V Is it me, or has GTA V Been let off VERY lightly?

Magicalz

Aug 4, 2011
Hai, Heres a debate for you. Has GTA V been let off lightly by us all??

Whta i mean is, the different sections of the game. The graphics are out of this world, i have to admit, but looking at most buildings, it seems like the paintings are blank or just made with paint on a 5 min job..

Also, there arent many missions. I completed the main story on sunday morning @ 12:30 am, when getting it thursday @ 4:30pm. Theres not much to do, and the missions run through very quickly. Some of them are very good however, but you dont get much of them. Like heist's, you get about 4 to-do and then nothing else after.

The game, according to some research, cost £130 million to make. They got £500 million within 24 hours of launching, and then over $1 billion over the next 2 days. But do you think they have been let off a little lightly from this?

Just my opinion. Waiting for online now :D

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
Hai, Heres a debate for you. Has GTA V been let off lightly by us all??

Whta i mean is, the different sections of the game. The graphics are out of this world, i have to admit, but looking at most buildings, it seems like the paintings are blank or just made with paint on a 5 min job..

Also, there arent many missions. I completed the main story on sunday morning @ 12:30 am, when getting it thursday @ 4:30pm. Theres not much to do, and the missions run through very quickly. Some of them are very good however, but you dont get much of them. Like heist's, you get about 4 to-do and then nothing else after.

The game, according to some research, cost £130 million to make. They got £500 million within 24 hours of launching, and then over $1 billion over the next 2 days. But do you think they have been let off a little lightly from this?

Just my opinion. Waiting for online now :D
Yeah i agree aswell but RockStar did point out their aiming on online than the storymode;/ maybe thats why they didnt add many other missions on the storymode or will there be updates for more missions?

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I agree, it's far to short, and the painting could've been better. But it's still better than the others (imo), and they do indeed aim for their Online mode.
For all we know, they might make DLC's later as well, which might allow more missions and such.

Although I do admit I still haven't finished the game, and I got it on launch (various reasons)

Magicalz

Aug 4, 2011
Yeah i agree aswell but RockStar did point out their aiming on online than the storymode;/ maybe thats why they didnt add many other missions on the storymode or will there be updates for more missions?

I didnt know that. Normally its the storyline than online, but i guess from hearing some stuff theres more for online than storymode. I dont think there would be updates for missions when people can finish it already.. what happens then?

I agree, it's far to short, and the painting could've been better. But it's still better than the others (imo), and they do indeed aim for their Online mode.
For all we know, they might make DLC's later as well, which might allow more missions and such.

Although I do admit I still haven't finished the game, and I got it on launch (various reasons)

They could include them in DLC's but people have finished the game. People that have finished the game would know what i mean when you cant really do more missions, but i guess there could be new characters and that.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
The story line was good, like any other GTA games however I'm disappointed in the things you can do after completing the game I seem to still play but I'm mostly just driving around doing nothing? I was hoping new things could be unlocked. I'm not complaining that the game is completely useless.

Advertisements started prior the game and featured all of it's features such as;

Tattoos (I think it's cool how you can choose your own tattoo and have the Role-Playing characters)
Hair (There is completely nothing to boast about after all it's just 2-4 cuts right)?
Dogs (Awesome Franklyn has a dog but where are the other dogs you can buy for the other characters)?
Houses/Business (No houses you can actually buy? and for businesses you don't receive half of income till you do there side robbery mission)
Graphics are great but where are the actual detail?

It's a good game but it appears to be rushed into, for the price of the game they should of put more thought into it, as you all say it's all about the multiplayer but after all it should have playable features offline. Fuck other reviews what give it 10/10 9/10 I'm giving it 7/10.

GTA SA 5/10 (I hated SA).
GTA IV 6/10 (The game is completely shit without MODS).
GTA V 7/10 (Game is GOOD but no excellent).

I'm a very picky gamer, don't get me wrong I loved it when I was in story mode simply because I was waiting on new things being unlocked next minuet I'm seeing credits coming down on my TV!

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
The storyline is great.
Yeh 69 main missions is not enough, maybe future updates which get put ingame via Socal Club? and/or DLC?
The little side missions and random strangers are a great benefit. Maybe more of these will come with updates?
Much like how Skyrim can get extra content via DLC.

I think Rockstar are wanting to push the online play, from what i have read there is shit loads more than IV (which was shit).
I also think the 16 player cap will be temporary until they find stability and then increase the server capacity.
If this does happen, I then have a feeling they will push with online DLC

All in all, i aint got a single problem with 5 as its 100x better than 4

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
They'll eventually do DLC'S to extend missions, like they did with IV "the ballad of gay tony".

Vinnie

Dec 20, 2012
There main goal since GTA 3 has been an online community. Grand Theft Auto Online as they will debut in 5 days. GTAV is there 2nd best in the entire series. If we compare it to the best on: GTA:SA, it has a longer story mode and much more to do. But it's not the same, but it's good it's not. It's almost as good. They're not let off lightly at all. They are not getting the recognition they deserve. Which is much much more. There plans are huge, to me, it's like they want it be a variety of a MMO.

Users who are viewing this thread