Is DevBest dying?

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
I wouldn't call it dying no, is there less people than they used to be? yes. But, most of the people don't use Devbest to post threads tbh, majority use it for the people here & just tend to talk in the shoutbox etc.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
People tend to leech shit, we ned more sections and too get rid of that Habbo section soon, for a forum about Gaming & Development theres not many section about jailbreaks, and so forth for console developments, just basics

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
People tend to leech shit, we ned more sections and too get rid of that Habbo section soon, for a forum about Gaming & Development theres not many section about jailbreaks, and so forth for console developments, just basics
new sections would be good but no one really talks about other shit than habbo n development

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Forums in general have been in decline because mega forums like reddit and 4chan kinda took over, in my opinion atleast.
And then you have the fact that everyone here is just growing older, and habbo on the other hand is aging. (habbo is devbest's strong section)

Devbest's user base & average activity has been declining noticeably yet slowly since 2014-2015, pre 2013 things were still booming.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Threads like this always come up every once in a while. DevBest started mainly focussing on habbo retro's, which is what it's most known for. There aren't many members who come here for anything else, because such players don't even know about DevBest.

Opening up new sections won't help either. If anything, it will cause more sections without any posts.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Threads like this always come up every once in a while. DevBest started mainly focussing on habbo retro's, which is what it's most known for. There aren't many members who come here for anything else, because such players don't even know about DevBest.

Opening up new sections won't help either. If anything, it will cause more sections without any posts.
Probably also due to the fact, that DevBeat are known for habbo retros, there's not really anything to be discussed since that's the main subject on this forum. Either its advertisement, developing, help or releases that gets created mostly. What else should this forum rely on? Coding? Half the people on here just copy others work.

Hender

King Tinkerer
Mar 3, 2016
Forums always have their highs and lows, in my opinion the community isnt dying at all.
if people start talking in general more then we can expand forums and gain more users its all about user activity, a lot just focus on the Habbo Forums.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Meanwhile at competing forums..
Code:
There are currently 2092 users online. 388 members and 1704 guests
Most users ever online was 7,238, 4 Weeks Ago at 09:28 PM.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
You could fuck off to that forum then. I'm sure DevBest would survive. If any, DevBest would improve.
I post the majority of my stuff there, it's a more respectable community lol and I been apart of it since 2010.

Edit:
Was thinking of someone else xD, but I don't even know you or care to seeing as you're not much. devbest thrives off of the Habbo scene and I brought in a few thousand views...so ?

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
I post the majority of my stuff there, it's a more respectable community lol and I been apart of it since 2010.

Edit:
Was thinking of someone else xD, but I don't even know you or care to seeing as you're not much. devbest thrives off of the Habbo scene and I brought in a few thousand views...so ?
Leader says 2010 account says 2013.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011

Edit:
If it's a more respectable community, then what are you still doing here complaining about moderation? Just fuck off.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I think more effort from @bigdawg could be done to help move us away from Habbo, as we have spoken about before.

I don't think we are dying though, we are a close community and for the most part - or at-least speaking for myself, we are pretty much all friends (we have the odd argument) who come to say hi and have a chat. I think the main reason there isn't much posts anymore is because the new guys are here for Habbo (most likely) and therefore looking for that content, whereas most of us now don't want to see or read that content, we want something else.

I will say that these threads come around every year, and we'll see another one I'm sure.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I think more effort from @bigdawg could be done to help move us away from Habbo, as we have spoken about before.

I don't think we are dying though, we are a close community and for the most part - or at-least speaking for myself, we are pretty much all friends (we have the odd argument) who come to say hi and have a chat. I think the main reason there isn't much posts anymore is because the new guys are here for Habbo (most likely) and therefore looking for that content, whereas most of us now don't want to see or read that content, we want something else.

I will say that these threads come around every year, and we'll see another one I'm sure.
I get in fights daily, what do you mean.

@Sentinel
@Jaden

Users who are viewing this thread