Instinct - Habbo Web App (Supports Nitro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
You must be registered for see images attach

Hey,

A month ago, I released the first version of Instinct. Today, I'm happy to announce the second version of Instinct. It is an overhaul over the initial release with many breaking changes and is not compatible with instinct 1.

Compatibility
Instinct Revised is fully compatible with both Nitro and Flash (through usage of PeakRP Browser).

Release Support
Instinct's target audience is other Typescript developers who can modify Instinct to their own liking and feel fully comfortable with the build process.

That being said, Instinct is fully secure. Instinct provides support for both BCRYPT and MD5, however we recommend hotels to always use BCRYPT when available to protect users from rainbow table attacks. Our database queries are also ran through an ORM where they're sanitized along with a custom permission system on Instinct itself to help protect your users from yourself.

Screenshots

Github Source

Quick Setup Guide

Updates
Instinct may receive updates from time to time. Updates at this time may include sudden breaking changes, however the end goal is to have a stable API that is only consistently improved.

Discord
Feel free to join the official support Discord where only Instinct related updates, discussion and support will be provided.

Last edited:

Solid

May 1, 2012
any tutorial on this for newbies?
I see theres Yarn and Npm use in this so it would be great for you to release a short tutorial for new dev users who don't know how to setup.
Other than that its decent, haven't looked into it much yet, but based off screenies its functional and basic.
Good release!

Shxrty

Shorty#1960
Mar 31, 2018
any tutorial on this for newbies?
I see theres Yarn and Npm use in this so it would be great for you to release a short tutorial for new dev users who don't know how to setup.
Other than that its decent, haven't looked into it much yet, but based off screenies its functional and basic.
Good release!
are u blind?

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
what did he write it in invisible ink?
oh, i thought it was blank invisible ink at its finest.
Thread updated. I use the dark theme on here haha

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
The Github contains a new guide on the basic steps to install Instinct. I will be updating it from time to time with more information on installs, usage in a live hotel and maybe creating custom work with it.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
I really like that you are using more advanced languages / frameworks (Not that it's some next-level advanced shit but for a community like this rarely you would see these kind of frameworks being used). The design might need a bit of work done it though just feels to simple for something this good. Great to see someone is still doing something for this community.
Thanks for this release.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
I'm working one of the upcoming alternative themes! Check out a sneak peak
Credits to for the original design inspiration

Shxrty

Shorty#1960
Mar 31, 2018
Its different, the left bar i don't particularly like because it just isn't my type; But amazing job chris!

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010
I'm working one of the upcoming alternative themes! Check out a sneak peak
Credits to for the original design inspiration
I'm loving this alternate design, so different with the sidebar navigation.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Instinct development has resumed (for now).

I plan on integrating a few themes to give more variety to users and depending on time, perhaps make a simpler installation process.

The following themes will be implemented (permission granted by author) in the following order
  • Bobba by Sonay ( )
  • Material by Sonay ( )
  • Ares by Dome ( )
  • ModernUI by Chuckie ( )

With that in mind, I dropped plans for the Hableet theme (@therealwalim) as I'm not a CSS expert by any means so spending time to make themes responsive, etc isn't my forte. If you have a finished theme HTML/CSS and would like to see it available in Instinct, feel free to comment or message me.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Cake has now joined Instinct as a theme contributor with a rewrite of the old habbo theme we know and love

Post automatically merged:

Ares Theme Progress

I am going to be updating the original theme to support the new setup. I may shift my attention away from theme development for a bit to build up documentation!

Last edited:

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Important Update

The for Instinct has launched. Here, you may find documentation on how to use Instinct and various guides that may be helpful. Please note that some sections of documentation may be empty as it's a work in progress.

Eventually, the website will also have live demos of the various themes available!

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
I fixed a bug preventing React from rendering due to a problem with react-scripts. My next goal is to document the process of taking an Instinct app to production through AWS.

Instinct now supports database migrations and will automatically run the needed changes

Added support for multiple db drivers

Last edited:
Reactions: id7

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Hey everyone,
The following updates have been made:
  1. Support for changing flash settings removed in admin panel.
    1. You can still set this manually if desired in the database
  2. Fixed a bug in the default theme preventing Nitro clients from staying open in the background
  3. Generic Media implementation allowing dropzone usage for various parts of the site, currently Instinct only uses dropzone for news articles

In the future, I plan on pulling the admin panel out of the main Instinct repository and into a separate repo. This will be apart of an effort to expand the current capabilities of the admin panel and also expand the API for admin specific usages.

GraphQL is also a huge potential possibility, which would enable developers to have a lot more flexibility in the API.

Upcoming Deprecation
I will be removing support for multiple databases from the core of Instinct, this has been achieved in an alternative way by taking advantage of Yarn Workspaces and creating a separate fork of the database library when necessary.

As apart of this, Instinct may also move from Arcturus Morningstar support to .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread