Infractions

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Hi,

I just wanted to have a little discussion and what you guys actually think about infractions on VBulletin? Did you find them too much? Did you like the way Devbest give out warnings instead of Infractions?

What is your point a view about the feature and would you like to see if it again? Or would you rather see something else? How did you feel when you got a infraction from us or any other forums.

I personally think they didn't seem right, the word infraction sounded something up tight and meaningful from when I used other sites I didn't like how they where still stored on my control panel for me to have a look at they reminded me.

(This is not an excuse to complain about your recent infractions)

vRory

Unemployed.
May 4, 2011
Tbh, when i saw i'd been infracted it was serious. but it was just like a warning when i checked :S?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Personally, I like the idea of an infraction system - especialy on a big board, where you have moderators in charge of diffrent sections, etc. Infractions help keep order, and a record for a user.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
I never had a problem with infractions. I also have quite a few expired ones. the thing is, I like the EXPIRATION system, so that if they expire, they don't count and you aren't banned.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Personally, I like the idea of an infraction system - especialy on a big board, where you have moderators in charge of diffrent sections, etc. Infractions help keep order, and a record for a user.

Agreed they did get the forum cleaned up and a message across, but the problem was when they expired they were still in our control panel so it almost felt like they didn't expire and there staring at you. (I've looked at another forums feed back on infractions and they have said the exact same thing, some have even suggested a warning system probably that's what we're getting next with Xenforo 1.1).

It would be nice to give a warning out and write a nice friendly conversation to the user, so it doesn't as look bad and we're personally getting in-touch the user while the warning is recorded for the future use.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Agreed they did get the forum cleaned up and a message across, but the problem was when they expired they were still in our control panel so it almost felt like they didn't expire and there staring at you. (I've looked at another forums feed back on infractions and they have said the exact same thing, some have even suggested a warning system probably that's what we're getting next with Xenforo 1.1).

It would be nice to give a warning out and write a nice friendly conversation to the user, so it doesn't as look bad and we're personally getting in-touch the user while the warning is recorded for the future use.

I don't see the point. Its not like my self esteem is affected.

LeCeejay

Dec 25, 2010
Yeah, Giving warnings is so much better, I think the people who give infractions before warnings are just childish and stupid, it's like real life

You get a warning before a punishment.

Forum

Anything and everything.
Jun 18, 2011
Yeah, Giving warnings is so much better, I think the people who give infractions before warnings are just childish and stupid, it's like real life

You get a warning before a punishment.

Well now that's not true it's the choice at the Moderator to choose what he wants to give either infraction if needed or warning if someone has done this again then a infraction have been giving because you can't keep giving warnings over and over so it would be like 1 warning keep going then infraction because it makes people listen.

Users who are viewing this thread