IIS

Ekalus

Mar 27, 2020
Hi,

I know you can use ports in IIS which makes it kinda possible to host multiple things, right? I want to host 2 websites (hotel cms) on the same server. Basically an english website and another language website. Also with 2 different URLs but with the same database and emulator.

Does anyone know if it is possible (and how to) use IPADRESS:pORT on a domain name? So DOMAINNAME1.com uses the IP only and DOMAINNAME2.com would use IPADRESS:pORT. But I cannot make it work, I have tried. Is it even possible to do so?

yoyok

Apr 24, 2013
Hi,

I know you can use ports in IIS which makes it kinda possible to host multiple things, right? I want to host 2 websites (hotel cms) on the same server. Basically an english website and another language website. Also with 2 different URLs but with the same database and emulator.

Does anyone know if it is possible (and how to) use IPADRESS:pORT on a domain name? So DOMAINNAME1.com uses the IP only and DOMAINNAME2.com would use IPADRESS:pORT. But I cannot make it work, I have tried. Is it even possible to do so?
Try IIS bindings.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
You can link many sites to IIS they don't use different ports. You link the domain to the IP address and have the bindings setup for the domain that's being accessed from then point that domain to a folder in IIS. You will have sub folders in your root

Users who are viewing this thread