I need help can anyone help me with cms and emulator every hotel i make makes line errors..

boz

don daddy
Mar 23, 2021
This should be posted in the Habbo Q&A section... nevertheless have you tried going off a youtube tutorial? or even one in the Habbo Tutorials section? there's plenty of them in there explaining everything that needs to be done.

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
My advise

1)Do not simply allow just anybody access to your server/accounts
2)Instead of asking for someone to set up your hotel, post threads of the errors or issues you are having

Vicertor

Apr 9, 2021
I put swfs r63 and other files inside htddocs but its showing blank screen and i have a database too :) ?

Attachments

• weqeqeqe.png
    weqeqeqe.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 19

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
Make sure you are using an older version of xmapp that supports PHP 5.6 not the new versions as Rev will not work on this.

Vicertor

Apr 9, 2021
Okay what about other cms ? and phoenix emulator? or other emulators?
Post automatically merged:

what about the swf with do you guys preefer?

Last edited:

boz

don daddy
Mar 23, 2021
Okay what about other cms ? and phoenix emulator? or other emulators?

what about the swf with do you guys preefer?
Rev is still a viable CMS and easy to edit. Chocolatey, brain & cosmic are the other options, I would not recommend Phoenix emulator as it’s just old and you’d have to find the swf pack that will work for it, use Arcturus Morningstar as the EMU and for the swf pack download this

You’ll need to browser that still supports flash if you’re going to be using .swf files so download MX5 or even use the nitro client but if you’re struggling on setting up a hotel using swf then I wouldn’t recommend you try nitro.

Also the white screen error is due to your .htaccess file.

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
Rev is still a viable CMS and easy to edit. Chocolatey, brain & cosmic are the other options, I would not recommend Phoenix emulator as it’s just old and you’d have to find the swf pack that will work for it, use Arcturus Morningstar as the EMU and for the swf pack download this

You’ll need to browser that still supports flash if you’re going to be using .swf files so download MX5 or even use the nitro client but if you’re struggling on setting up a hotel using swf then I wouldn’t recommend you try nitro.

Also the white screen error is due to your .htaccess file.

Agree with this totally, do please refrain from using anything "Phoenix" whether it be the EMU or the PhoenixPHP 2.0 CMS.

The reason being, both are very outdated and haven't been progressed any further in a long time so while there may be still someone out there that would like to help you use these resources there's really no point, you'd also be posing huge security issues by choosing to use this CMS.

The most basic retro setup nowadays consist of the Arcturus emulator and Cosmic CMS which I would recommend you do as well, there is a "Krews" discord with sub-channels within that contain fixes, answers and support to anything related to both cosmic or Arcturus & someone will always reply to any queries that you have.

(I am not degrading Arcturus nor Cosmic when I say "basic setup" I'm just saying this option at the moment seems to be the "go-to".)

Vicertor

Apr 9, 2021
Can you maybe help me?

I need cms and emulator thats working with xampp
and with version of Xampp do i need?

Last edited by a moderator:

boz

don daddy
Mar 23, 2021
Aaah okay Man sorry.. Can you maybe help me?

I need cms and emulator thats working with xampp
and with version of Xampp do i need?
Just download a revcms edit, there’s plenty on the forum. Xampp 1.7.3 & you’ll get everything you need there.

Vicertor

Apr 9, 2021
With one's do you preefer sir? i got every time error lines global.php erros

link? :D

Last edited:

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010
I wouldn't touch RevCMS as its pretty outdated now. A generic setup would be Cosmic and Arcturus, which is great for a starter. Easy to set up with little to no experience needed.

Someone a bit more capable would probably be best off with Comet Emulator though its more stable and reliable for a bigger hotel base.

I would also favour IIS over XAMPP too, there are plenty of working tutorials (both text and video) available to you if you require more assistance.

Utilise the search function on Devbest to find all the answers to your needs.

boz

don daddy
Mar 23, 2021
I wouldn't touch RevCMS as its pretty outdated now. A generic setup would be Cosmic and Arcturus, which is great for a starter. Easy to set up with little to no experience needed.

Someone a bit more capable would probably be best off with Comet Emulator though its more stable and reliable for a bigger hotel base.

I would also favour IIS over XAMPP too, there are plenty of working tutorials (both text and video) available to you if you require more assistance.

It may be outdated but it’s still an option you can use & is just as secure as the CMS’s mentioned.

Vicertor

Apr 9, 2021

But with IIS you need vps.. i dont use VPS i dont have one Xd

Every time im using XAMPP its giving errors and port error

And cms not working

Last edited:

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
But with IIS you need vps.. i dont use VPS i dont have one Xd

Every time im using XAMPP its giving errors and port error

And cms not working
If it is a port error, from the top of my head my first guess would be an application that you have open on your computer is already using the port that XAMPP uses.

From what I remember, it was Skype and Teamviewer that conflicted these ports, if you're not using either of these open task manager, find which application is using the port needed and close it, then try to run XAMPP again.

It is also of course possible to use IIS on your own computer without a VPS but to make the hotel publicly available you will need to port forward which is more hassle than it's worth considering there are plenty of uncostly VPS companies out there nowadays.

However, if using IIS on your own PC is something you feel you might want to do use the link below for a step by step guide on how to turn it on.

As for RevCMS, yes it's old but the core is still absolutely usable and it's EXTREMELY easy to use and navigate around.

Don't like the RevCMS theme? change it in the skins folder, just make sure to change it in your config.php.

Users who are viewing this thread