Flash Hubbo - Great friendly community

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
This thread is made for people to voice their opinions on the hotel. That is what everyone is doing, if you can't accept criticism, then you shouldn't be making a thread on this forum, or even making a retro in general. If it's just use the hotel or don't, threads on this category should be locked and allow no comments, but it's not that way for a reason, because people have opinions. You shouldn't accept the nice comments and supportive comments but then not want to accept criticism because someone says they don't like something or you did something wrong, but that's what the original poster seems to expect, all nice comments.

I agree with you but from browsing this section (and a few others) it does seem that certain people are hell-bent on criticising others; which is a shame. There's a difference between constructive criticism or conversation and mudslinging and many of the comments on this thread are unfortunately described by the latter...

On that note, I won't be responding any further.

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
I agree with you but from browsing this section (and a few others) it does seem that certain people are hell-bent on criticising others; which is a shame. There's a difference between constructive criticism or conversation and mudslinging and many of the comments on this thread are unfortunately described by the latter...

On that note, I won't be responding any further.

That's generally what you get on DevBest now sadly, the only threads that people pay attention to are fights where a bunch of people, who haven't and never will play your hotel, (and have tried to open a retro 5 times) slag someone off until eventually a Moderator will close the thread (not before giving their own opinion mind you!).

Good luck with the hotel, don't pay much attention to DevBest!

Parsov

May 18, 2016
Alright.

If you were able to look beyond just the SWF I think you would see a lot of things that distinguish us from other hotels...
the
I mean, you're not welcome anyway if you're just going to be critical without being constructive.

I don't care I'm not gonna go on a hotel which I see nothing special in. Also you don't need to be someone who works with Production Code to be able to understand that using standard things that come by default on every hotel is not creative & different. Stop being deluded and in denial it wont get you anywhere. Goodluck to you and your project.

Champion

Aug 26, 2011
Man you can code new features and add all the custom crap you want, and it won't make much of a difference but maybe attract a few people from these forums to login once and say "hmph.. well done young padawan."

Coming from an owner of the top retro back in like 2010 or whatever.. (Ultima Hotel) what made us unique was the quality of the community, unique competitions, a proper radio and most of all a well run community.

We carefully chose staff based on how dedicated they were to the community and actually hired dudes that might not have been the most professional, but they put in the hours and helped the community grow. Reward the loyal and keep it 100% fair and it will keep everyone happy. No cheating, no handing out free rares, etc.

Get a proper economy and reward system going for referrals. Set up some flash rare sales, pop up competitions, get creative!

Use social media to your advantage, start a YouTube video competition and reward people for shares to social media!

Good luck.

gochad

Lacrim
Feb 9, 2019
and that's why i don't post anything, just to give you guys a tips if you post something be ready to get positive and bad comments don't think you will only get love that's not how the world works enjoy.

Stee

Oh hot damn. This is my jam.
Jun 28, 2011
Actually, you did, by posting a thread on this forum, you asked for everyone's "verdict," try again kiddo. Also, develop what? It's a basic hotel using Arcturus, none of you know Java, so guaranteed there will not be any updates anytime soon. Good luck though, your arrogance really attracts people to your hotel, what a friendly community. :)

It's not even Arcturus? How can you sit and judge it if you've no idea what it's even running?
Not trying to be cheeky but like...

Like ya mama said. "Aint got nutn nice to say. Don't say it."

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
If you want to offer some constructive criticism, then feel free to post. If you’re here to nag, bash and simply argue and take things way off topic then feel free. You’ll be infracted for it.

I’m tired of the same users saying the same things on these threads just to get a reaction.

Also, you can’t report somebody for breaking the rules when you’re breaking them too :lol:

All the best :up:

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
I thought I would just update this thread with some recent improvements we have been making to our offering. Many of these are incremental and have been focused on the in-game aspects such as the furni ranges and catalog. I've always liked to keep things fairly stock, so to speak on the client so don't expect lots of customisation.

1. 7 new furniture ranges added, thank you @BR4N.
  2. I've been making some aesthetic improvements to our catalogue, creating teaser graphics with our users in and things just to give the hotel a more polished feel.
  3. Launched diamond rewards, our user loyalty system - exchangeable for rare furni and exclusive clothing.
  4. Launched our GOTW with housekeeping management system which uses RCON to update the client and database leaderboard in real-time.
  5. Added new clothing and enables @Phi.
You must be registered for see images attach

Post automatically merged:

Hello everyone!

Just to let you know we are still here! Lots has changed and we’re always adding stuff.

This month is our Halloween month! To celebrate this we are running Halloween events and we have a special Halloween website and logo!

Being open for some six months now we have established ourselves as a distinguished and confident hotel within the community.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread